ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Divorce before expiry of spouse visa.

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nyamekye

Divorce before expiry of spouse visa.

Post by nyamekye » Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:44 pm

Hi y'all. i'm asking this question on behalf of my sister.
she got married in 2005 to an EU national and on 27th Feb 2007, she was granted a 5 year visa. She divorced her husband in July last year.
the question is, can she be able to apply for an Indefinate leave to remain and if so, what documents does she require?

katwmn6

Post by katwmn6 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:15 am

I'm not an expert but to the best of my knowledge, her visa became invalid the day they stopped living together as a married couple. Technically she is in breach of her visa, and thus she will not be able to apply for ILR.

Check out similar thread:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 03a3ed95ee

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:24 am

katwmn6 wrote:I'm not an expert but to the best of my knowledge, her visa became invalid the day they stopped living together as a married couple. Technically she is in breach of her visa, and thus she will not be able to apply for ILR.

Check out similar thread:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 03a3ed95ee
you really should not reply to posts unless you know the asnwer as what you have said is completely incorrect.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:03 am

'Spouse visa' is the wrong terminology - you friend has a residence card as the family member of an EEA national.

See Non EEA divorce and UK residence

and Chapter 2

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:40 pm

Please continue here.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors