ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EAA family permit form questions

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hur575

EAA family permit form questions

Post by hur575 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:34 pm

Hi all,

I need to ask for my friend he is dutch, and work in the UK. He want to bring his wife to settle here in the UK with him, she is not EAA. In the application form, there is few questions that are confusing
1. What is the main purpose of your visit to the UK?
Settle?
2. How long do you intend to stay in the UK?
3. On which date will you leave the UK?
He does not plan for her to leave does he write this?
With these questions he is very confused if that is the correct form he need to use to apply for his wife to join him.

Thanks in advance

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:54 pm

Don't be afraid to either leave these parts blank, but if that makes one uncomfortable, you could put not applicable to the application or refer to covering letter or words along those lines.

hur575

Post by hur575 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:16 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:Don't be afraid to either leave these parts blank, but if that makes one uncomfortable, you could put not applicable to the application or refer to covering letter or words along those lines.
Thanks for your reply, on the question On which date will you leave the UK, the form will not allow you to leave it blank or write anything apart from dates. it will give error message as invalid date.

Nimitta
Member of Standing

Post by Nimitta » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:28 am

hur575 wrote: Thanks for your reply, on the question On which date will you leave the UK, the form will not allow you to leave it blank or write anything apart from dates. it will give error message as invalid date.
Type something. Anything. :D Say, 6 months would do. I know that the form could be very confusing, I filled it in twice. Whatever date of leaving you type, it is in no way a commitment.

hur575

Post by hur575 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:05 am

Nimitta wrote:
hur575 wrote: Thanks for your reply, on the question On which date will you leave the UK, the form will not allow you to leave it blank or write anything apart from dates. it will give error message as invalid date.
Type something. Anything. :D Say, 6 months would do. I know that the form could be very confusing, I filled it in twice. Whatever date of leaving you type, it is in no way a commitment.
Thank you, so if he type 6 months, it will not effect him later?? as he is scared they will refuse her residence saying you said she is staying 6 months.

Punjab
BANNED

Post by Punjab » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:05 am

just type NOB

none of your business ;-)

Nimitta
Member of Standing

Post by Nimitta » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:07 am

hur575 wrote: Thank you, so if he type 6 months, it will not effect him later?? as he is scared they will refuse her residence saying you said she is staying 6 months.
His wife has a right to join him if he (EU citizen) is exercising Treaty rights in the UK. She has to include in her application some evidence of him working/being a student/self-employed/self-sufficient. If she does, there would be no problem.