ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 Premium service delay 3 months!

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tasalli
Newly Registered

Tier 4 Premium service delay 3 months!

Post by tasalli » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:49 pm

Dear All,

I would like to share my very disappointing experience and seek for any advise and recommendations. Maybe this will help someone in a similar situation.

I applied for a student visa extension on 8th of November 2011 (extension was required because I failed my exam) by premium service in person in Croydon. On 9th of November my legal representative received a letter from UKBA requesting " a written confirmation from university" (they had everything recorded in CASS by my university, yet they request more).

The letter was supplied promptly and submitted in person on 11th of November 2011.

A week later my legal representative was informed that the application was passed on to another team and there is no way we could contact them unless its over 6 months old (seriously, this is a premium service???)

We wrote two letters at the beginning and end of December requesting an update - no reply.

Another letter was sent in the middle of January - no reply.

A complaint was submitted by the end of January - electronic reply saying that they aim to look into the issues within 20 days and a little note requesting me to write them again if I do not hear back in 20 days.

A formal judicial review was sent a week ago which is a pre-action protocol for damages. Yet - no reply.

My course ends at the end of April (which is in less than 3 months!!!!!!!!) and it seems unfair that they have my passport, they disregard premium service, they disregard any correspondence and complaints and restrict my freedom!

It just seems that UKBA treats people in a very inappropriate, disrespectful manner and just do what they want with people's lives.

Please, if anyone has any suggestions on how to affect this sittuation- please kindly give me an advise! I thank you in advance.

applelover
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 4 Premium service delay 3 months!

Post by applelover » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:58 am

I have applied in Oct , did my Biomatrics on 2/11/2011 . Its been more than 3 months i havent heard anything form UKBA,
I wrote to them , i wrote to MP , etc in the end they just send me a letter that they will forward my request to the relavent department etc
I told my college but they said that they cannot write to UKBA because it is not legal .
Can u kindly suggest me what really should i do as i really need some advice as i need my passport and documents back soon ...