ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport containing permission to remain stamp query

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

filish11

Passport containing permission to remain stamp query

Post by filish11 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:17 pm

I have a new question, my residency permission/ permission to remain stamp is in my old passport. Do I have to photocopy and certify that page as well as the identity page of my old passport? Or is it just a page containing the permission to remain stamp?

Thanks in advance

adlexy

Re: Passport containing permission to remain stamp query

Post by adlexy » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:11 pm

filish11 wrote:I have a new question, my residency permission/ permission to remain stamp is in my old passport. Do I have to photocopy and certify that page as well as the identity page of my old passport? Or is it just a page containing the permission to remain stamp?

Thanks in advance
There is no requirement to "certify" old passports; a photocopy of the relevant pages will do for old passports. However, as you will be certifying the current one, you may as well certify all of them :)

If your application is based on having 5 years residence:
• Evidence of residency permission i.e. a copy of your passports showing residency permission stamps for a period of 1 year immediately prior to the application and 4 years in the 8 year period before that (i.e. 5 x 365 days plus one day for each permission period in which 29 February falls (leap year)).

YOU MUST PROVIDE ALL OF THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTATION WITH YOUR APPLICATION:
• Certified colour copy of the page of your current passport/travel document containing your photograph.*
• Certified copy of your original civil birth certificate and certified copy of a translation into English if the certificate is in a language other than English or Irish.*
• Copy of your garda national immigration bureau card.
• Letter from your current and previous employers covering employment dates from your date of arrival to date of application, showing commencement and finish dates for each job.
• Copy of your current P21 or P60 statement from the revenue commissioners if you are in employment.
• Copies of 3 month’s pay slips in the previous 6 months if you are in employment.
• Copy of bank statements for all of your bank accounts for 3 of the previous 6 months.
• Copy of Irish medical registration letter (only applicable if you are a doctor).
• Evidence of marriage to or being the civil partner of a deceased person who, at the date of death was an Irish citizen, if applicable. (Certified copies of certificates, court documents as applicable).
• The Statutory Application Fee of €175. This should be in the form of a banker’s draft or postal order payable to the Secretary General, Department of Justice and Equality. Please note that this is non-refundable and is required for each application for a certificate of naturalisation.