ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Rejected on basis of salary, pls advice me

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

heaven13
Newly Registered

Rejected on basis of salary, pls advice me

Post by heaven13 » Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:07 pm

Hi,

I am from India & under 28yrs and i had to show my salary 5000+ GBP.
My case is rejected on the basis of salary.
I just wanna know what you have shown in that section, i had sent the following:

Last 12 months salary statements (verified by present employer)

Last 12 months ORIGINAL bank statements

Last year INCOME TAX PROOF (that contains salary from April - March cycle)

An attached excel sheet showing "how to calculate my salary"

I have shown that i had earned 5392 GBP but they have calculated as 4717 GBP.

And heading which were included in my salary slips are:

Basic
HRA
Conveyance
Special pay
Non taxable amount
Bonus
Leave encashment

bonus -> we get this in the month of JAN on the basis of our performance

Non taxable amount -> in this section , we have to give bills (like fuel bills / medical bills / magzine bills )

Special pay -> this we get when we havn't submitted required bills , then our company deduct tax on that left "Non taxable amount " , and gives that left amount as special pay at the end of financial year (in march)

Leave encashment -> this we get on our earned leaves , at the end of financial year(in march).

Can you pls suggest me where I have gone wrong ???

heaven13
Newly Registered

request form

Post by heaven13 » Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:14 pm

If now i send that request form.

what all i have to send ????

All my docs or JUST docs related to my previous salary.......

what to do......

I got this shock today :-(
And i wasnt expecting tht they will make decision tht fast.

heaven13
Newly Registered

Post by heaven13 » Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:19 pm

Can anybdy tell me ...
How they calculate 12 months salary....
which all headers should be included and what to exclude ????

I have calcualted 5 times , amount credited to my account from my company to my salaried accoount in more than 5000 GBP in last 12 months (even if i take 1 GBP = 90 INR)

ambitionuk
Newly Registered

check for the conversion rate on last pay slip date

Post by ambitionuk » Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:22 am

Hi there...

You should take the value of GBP as on the date of the LAST pay slip for the conversion. Try doing that visiting XE.COM and checking the GBP conversion value as on that date. Hope this will be usefulfor you.

Dont get upset. Tough times never last but tough people do !

I am also applying within a short time from INDIA, and can you tell me how you went about the documentation and application. Did you approach any consultant or were you on your own. How did you arrange for the courier.

I will appreciate any kind of info from you in this regard.

an advanced thnx...

aspire2b
Newly Registered

Post by aspire2b » Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:17 am

Hi,

Based on what I understand of the rules, here's my personal feedback:-

1. Not sure when you submitted the application, but if the tax return you submitted doesn't cover the correct 12 months it is of no use from an evidence perspective.

As per the caseworker's guidance, and I quote: "The applicant should have supplied wage slips to cover the 12 month period. The caseworker should check that they cover the 12 months prior to the application being made. Things to check –
• Are the payslips for the applicant?
• Do they cover the correct period?
• Are they in an acceptable format? (i.e. are they on formal wage slips/been endorsed by the employer)
If the applicant cannot provide all the payslips, bank statements could be used to back the wage slips up as confirmation that the salary has been paid over the period in question. If bank statements are used as evidence the statements must clearly show the payment has come from the employer.
The wage slips should either be on formal payslips or on company letter headed paper. If they are on plain A4 paper then they should be clearly stamped and signed by the employer. Any wage slips that are on plain paper, that have not been endorsed by the employer, are not acceptable".

2. From what I undertsand of this, bank statements can only be used as evidence of past earnings to cover any "missing" payslips, but not as independent evidence on their own.
(please note that this is my personal understanding and others may have differnet opinions or experiences).

Hope this helps.

regards

Post by 1971 » Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:34 am

Hi,

Quite sorry about your case. But I believe something went wrong somehow.

My advise to you is that you shouldn't give up. I faced the same situation in my first application. I submitted my 12 months official stamped payslips, Bank Stmt, Tax returns as evidence for earnings. My company made a mistake by lumping my 13th month with my Dec. 2004 salary. I did make explain this in my cover letter, so the caseworker assumed that my salary was unncessarily inflated. It took me anothe 6 months trying on my own to find out what the problems were. But thank God that one day, I saw this problem amd many more.

So, I didn't appeal, but made up my mind to reapply and make the cover letter more detailed. I did just that in MArch and thank God my application is now approved. I am waiting for my EC now and will likely be leaving my country by September ending.

Please, I will advise you to look more inwards and check each statement in your payslips, Bank statements, tax returns and all other docs used for claiming earnings.

Regards.

simar

Re: Rejected on basis of salary, pls advice me

Post by simar » Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:39 am

heaven13 wrote:Hi,

I am from India & under 28yrs and i had to show my salary 5000+ GBP.
My case is rejected on the basis of salary.
I just wanna know what you have shown in that section, i had sent the following:

Last 12 months salary statements (verified by present employer)

Last 12 months ORIGINAL bank statements

Last year INCOME TAX PROOF (that contains salary from April - March cycle)

An attached excel sheet showing "how to calculate my salary"

I have shown that i had earned 5392 GBP but they have calculated as 4717 GBP.

And heading which were included in my salary slips are:

Basic
HRA
Conveyance
Special pay
Non taxable amount
Bonus
Leave encashment

bonus -> we get this in the month of JAN on the basis of our performance

Non taxable amount -> in this section , we have to give bills (like fuel bills / medical bills / magzine bills )

Special pay -> this we get when we havn't submitted required bills , then our company deduct tax on that left "Non taxable amount " , and gives that left amount as special pay at the end of financial year (in march)

Leave encashment -> this we get on our earned leaves , at the end of financial year(in march).

Can you pls suggest me where I have gone wrong ???

Just let us know what was maximum figure that is listed in your presented Tax form( SARAL or form16)

if it is less than 5000 pounds. Forget about explaning non-tax stuff.
I myself make point to not submit medical , telephone etc bills & nether take car rental benifit . This let my form16 to have more taxable income . The pit fall was I have pay more tax. But the benefit I got was ticket to uk

aspire2b
Newly Registered

Post by aspire2b » Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:05 pm

Hi,

I can't think of any scenario where your payslip salary can match the figures as in your IT return except when 100% of your salary is taxable !!! Hence IT return might not be an ideal document to submit as evidence unless your "taxable" salary as shown in IT return is more than the GBP 5000 mark.

Also, unless your organization issues a Form 16 in April and you file your IT return in April and apply for HSMP in April too, there is no way your IT return is going to reflect the "correct" 12 month period.

What I have done is that I have asked the HR dept. to issue me a one page letter certifying the income that I have had through them in the last 12 months (the letter shows gross payouts, deductions (Tax & PF), and net salary for each of the 12 months). This way it is easy to show HSMP caseworker the same gross / net income on two documents (evidences) where all the figures match. The difficult part is to get such a letter from HR :wink:

regards