ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Has any one ever had passport stop or know about it?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Junaidbinyasin
Mood:
Pakistan

Has any one ever had passport stop or know about it?

Post by Junaidbinyasin » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:53 pm

Hi every one, I had my british passport interview three weeks ago, I didn't receive my passport so I called them, Passport office told me that your application has been returned to us and we are doing security checks you may be called for second interview, since than whenever I called them thay say no progress still doing security checks and havn't receive letter for second interview.

I just wanna has any one ever had that experiance or know sum1 who had this problem? so my question is how long do they take to do security checks and secondly if have had second interview what do they ask?

Thanks in advance for all ur help in this regards.

Any kind of help highly apperciated.

Regrads

openshaw2
Newly Registered

Re: Has any one ever had passport stop or know about it?

Post by openshaw2 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:29 am

[quote="Junaidbinyasin"]Hi every one, I had my british passport interview three weeks ago, I didn't receive my passport so I called them, Passport office told me that your application has been returned to us and we are doing security checks you may be called for second interview, since than whenever I called them thay say no progress still doing security checks and havn't receive letter for second interview.

I just wanna has any one ever had that experiance or know sum1 who had this problem? so my question is how long do they take to do security checks and secondly if have had second interview what do they ask?

Thanks in advance for all ur help in this regards.

Any kind of help highly apperciated.

Any case is different ur case seem similar to my wife the only differences she can act on her wno without me . i want to ask u two question: do u answer all the question during your interview? who counter sign your application?
my wife passport was delay because she was unble to answer all the question during the interview and each time i call them they said they are doing security checks but thank God to a member from this
forum who told me to call them and demand my wife passport and i did and also inform them that i wil make a formal complain the way they handle my wife passport which i did .to my surprise they send a letter to my wife counter signee to confirm that she counter sign the application and she know my wife attched photo on the letter . he reply to them and confirm that he counter sign the application after two weeks i called them again to find out the progrss of the application they said to me they are stil doing security checks and soon they wil send a letter to my wife to arrange a second interview after two weeks my wife got a call from the passport office to confirm her name and date of birth and the reference number of the application my wife confirm her name and date of birth and told them to speak to me to give them the reference number .the guy told me ur wife wil soon receive a letter to arrange a second interview . To my surprise again we received her british passport along with the support documents through our door today she is a visa free to all EU countries. This process take within three months its a sad experience compare to others but as i said early on every case is different for my wife she was unble to do do the life in the uk so i acted on her behalf from the naturalization stage up to the passport application without a solicitor and the communication is between me and the home office . i was able to act on her behalf through this forum by amember call GIDOC. But one thing i wil assure u they wil never denie u the passport as long as u are the true applicant just keep on calling them every week .i wish u the best .

Regrads[/quote]

Junaidbinyasin
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Junaidbinyasin » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:41 pm

Thank you very much for ur reply it helped me lot. Well, its true I didnt answer few question correctly and they have already sent letter to countersignatory he has confirmed before my first interview, I have already received my documnets its just frustration I am going through they delying my passport.

Thanks once again, it gives me some satisfaction that I am not alone, secondly I'll complain because I think interviewer has taken this 2 personally.

openshaw2
Newly Registered

Post by openshaw2 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:52 am

[quote="Junaidbinyasin"]Thank you very much for ur reply it helped me lot. Well, its true I didnt answer few question correctly and they have already sent letter to countersignatory he has confirmed before my first interview, I have already received my documnets its just frustration I am going through they delying my passport.

Thanks once again, it gives me some satisfaction that I am not alone, secondly I'll complain because I think interviewer has taken this 2 personally.[/quote]

Do u provide ur phone num on the application form ?if so keep ur phone on especially during the day they may call you instead of sending u a second letter again to go for interview that happen to my wife .There is nothing to hurry about u are british they cant denie u the passport they just become strict these days especially if u fail to answer all the question be asked during the interview even that u wil stil get ur passport so plz stay calm and dont panic at all i kw its frustrating especially if u intend to travel .

Junaidbinyasin
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Junaidbinyasin » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:24 pm

Thanks bro for all your help, I just phoned them today and they said that it was printed yesterday and hasn' t been picked up, so you should receive it with next 2-3 days. Hoping for best, now let see when they deliver.................. and I'll update once I receive it.

Thanks again.

openshaw2
Newly Registered

Post by openshaw2 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:27 pm

[quote="Junaidbinyasin"]Thanks bro for all your help, I just phoned them today and they said that it was printed yesterday and hasn' t been picked up, so you should receive it with next 2-3 days. Hoping for best, now let see when they deliver.................. and I'll update once I receive it.

Thanks again.[/quote]

u welcome .That is a gud positive from them . I told u nothing to hurry about this is not a visa application wherein they may give u or not this is a passport application its a matter of must no matter how long it takes they must issue it to u as long as u ar the true applicant . Relax u wil soon get ur new red version red book and u become a visa free to all the EU Countries. once again i wish u the best .

Junaidbinyasin
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Junaidbinyasin » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:05 am

openshaw2 wrote:
Junaidbinyasin wrote:Thanks bro for all your help, I just phoned them today and they said that it was printed yesterday and hasn' t been picked up, so you should receive it with next 2-3 days. Hoping for best, now let see when they deliver.................. and I'll update once I receive it.

Thanks again.
u welcome .That is a gud positive from them . I told u nothing to hurry about this is not a visa application wherein they may give u or not this is a passport application its a matter of must no matter how long it takes they must issue it to u as long as u ar the true applicant . Relax u wil soon get ur new red version red book and u become a visa free to all the EU Countries. once again i wish u the best .
yes thankfully today I received my passport.

openshaw2
Newly Registered

Post by openshaw2 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:02 am

[quote="Junaidbinyasin"][quote="openshaw2"][quote="Junaidbinyasin"]Thanks bro for all your help, I just phoned them today and they said that it was printed yesterday and hasn' t been picked up, so you should receive it with next 2-3 days. Hoping for best, now let see when they deliver.................. and I'll update once I receive it.

Thanks again.[/quote]

u welcome .That is a gud positive from them . I told u nothing to hurry about this is not a visa application wherein they may give u or not this is a passport application its a matter of must no matter how long it takes they must issue it to u as long as u ar the true applicant . Relax u wil soon get ur new red version red book and u become a visa free to all the EU Countries. once again i wish u the best .[/quote]

yes thankfully today I received my passport.[/quote]

Congratulation :)