ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA 1 form question

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lolo82
Canada

EEA 1 form question

Post by lolo82 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:32 am

Hi, Im going through my mock-up application for EEA1 and EEA2 application. Im confused about the EEA1 form. Section 1 is Applicants Details. I would assume it would be ther person exercising their treaty right. BUT there is a paragraph above the questions that states 'please tick the box if you are applying as THE FAMILY MEMBER OF AN EEA NATIONAL who is exercising Treaty Rights in the UK but not applying for a registration certificate at this time. etc' The EEA 1 IS CALLED registration certificate :) Also, Section 3 is EEA nationals details...

Are the EEA 1 and 2 filled out the same way so the Non-EEA national puts their details in section 1?

one more question - which passport photos go into which application?

I apologise if this is a silly question - i have been looking at the forms too long and its getting blurry now :)

thank you for your help

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:40 am

EEA1 is for the EEA national.
EEA2 is for non-EEA national.

In both forms, section 1 should be the applicant (EEA national for EEA1, non-EEA national for EEA2). Section 2 for any family members (EEA1 if they are EEA nationals, EEA2 if they are non EEA national) and section 3 with the person exercising treaty rights (same details in both forms).

The check box in the EEA1 form is for cases, when a EEA national applies using EEA1 form but he is not the EEA national exercising treaty rights and that person is not applying. For example if a EEA national person applies but it is his EEA wife that exercises treaty rights but she is not applying. Or a EEA national child applying but his mother who is EEA national exercising treaty rights is not applying.

I believe this is not your case. If both of you applying and one of you is EEA national exercising treaty rights, this check box doesn't apply for you.

lolo82
Canada

Post by lolo82 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:49 am

Thank you for your help. That makes sense :)

euftw
Newly Registered

Post by euftw » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:36 am

Jambo wrote:The check box in the EEA1 form is for cases, when a EEA national applies using EEA1 form but he is not the EEA national exercising treaty rights and that person is not applying.
If the checkbox is NOT ticked in section1 of the eea1 form, can section 3 then be left blank if the applicant is the person who is exercising treaty rights, or should it be filled out with the same details given in Section1 of the EEA1 form?

Also, I am a bit confused about Section 2 of the EEA1 form.
Should children who are EEA national always be included or is it optional to include them?(and why would one include or not include children in Section 2?)

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:23 pm

The first instruction in section 3 the form says:
EEA1 form wrote:SECTION 3 – YOUR EEA NATIONAL FAMILY MEMBER WHO IS EXERCISING TREATY RIGHTS

Please give the personal details of your EEA national family member who is exercising Treaty rights in the UK. You must only complete this section if they have chosen not to apply for a registration certificate at this time.
Applying for EEA documentations is always optional. For EEA children living in the UK, there is no much value in having a Residence Certificate unless they need to prove residency in the UK for other purposes.

euftw
Newly Registered

Post by euftw » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:15 pm

ok, thanks Jambo.

i also just found your post here which makes filling out eea1 more clear:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 423#523423