ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Registering Children as British Citizens

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fabsanchz
Newly Registered

Registering Children as British Citizens

Post by fabsanchz » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:20 am

Dear Sir/ Madam,
Please I recently Naturalised as a British Citizen, but prior to that I had three children aged 2 to 5 now, they were all born here in UK. Their mother is subject to immigration control, i.e she is an overstayer. I have been responsible for the upkeep of these Children since their birth by providing Financial Assistance and other forms of care and support.
Please I want to know if the kids are qualified for registration as British citizens since their father is now a British citizen or are they qualified for Naturalisation as British Citizens. I intend to get married to their mother soon.
Thanks for your anticipated help.
Fabiano Sanchez.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:07 am

Are you the named father on their birth certificate?

When have you become settled (i.e. granted ILR or obtained PR) ?

fabsanchz
Newly Registered

Post by fabsanchz » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:49 pm

Thanks Guru,
I am named on their Birth Certificate as their father. I got my Indefinite leave to remain in March 2010 and I became a British Citizen in August 2011. I have a very good and straight forward Immigration history, no criminal records and have always worked and paid taxes. I have not claimed any form of benefit, even child benefit on behalf of the kids (this was done to be on the safe side, so as not claim benefit that I was not entitled to)

doubletrouble

Post by doubletrouble » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:01 pm

I can't see why you will not get approval, good luck.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:33 pm

As the children are UK born, they have been entitled to register as BC since you were granted ILR.

You can apply using form mn1. As all the children were born before your ILR, you will need to make a separate application for each one although the fee is reduced (£1080 for all).

The section you apply under is 1(3) which is an entitlement for BC. A decision should be made within 1-2 months.

fabsanchz
Newly Registered

Post by fabsanchz » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:50 pm

Thanks once again Guru and double trouble. Finally The last child was born after I was granted ILR. Will he be registered as BC or is he already British since he was born after I was granted ILR.
Thanks .

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:52 pm

fabsanchz wrote:Thanks once again Guru and double trouble. Finally The last child was born after I was granted ILR. Will he be registered as BC or is he already British since he was born after I was granted ILR.
Thanks .
child automatically British as born in UK after had ILR and you are named on birth cert.

fabsanchz
Newly Registered

Post by fabsanchz » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:54 am

Thanks Greenie,
but one more question.
Since the child is automatically British as he was born after my ILR was granted, do I have to just apply for British passport for him or do I have to register him as British Citizen as well.
Thanks again.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:01 am

Apply directly for a passport (if you wish). Include your passport with ILR in the application as proof of BC claim.

No need to register him.