ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR SET (M) Success - Croydon

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Panesar

ILR SET (M) Success - Croydon

Post by Panesar » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:29 pm

Hi All,

Since this forum has helped me a lot, i just wanted to let you know about my successful SET (M) application at Croydon PEO.

After going through an airport style security check we were directed towards a counter for initial application checking. The woman behind the counter simply asked me if I had my LITUK Pass Certificate, Bank Statements and 6 letters that covered the span of the last two years. She took my application and entered some details into her computer. I was then directed to a payment counter on the first floor to pay the fees. I then had to wait for my number to be called.

When it was called, the woman greeted me and asked for my application form. She glanced through the form and then asked me for all my evidence to support the application. I gave her a bunch of documents and out of that she especially picked documents addressed to the both of us.

She took:

Council Tax x2
Joint Bank Account x 2
TV License x 2 (Mr)
Sole Bank Account x 1 (Mrs)
HM Revenue and Customs Tax Coding (Mrs).
Mortgage Letter x 1

Since my husband and i own our property she specifically asked for property documents, so i would recommend carrying this with you.

She then asked us to take a seat and will call us after she has reviewed all the documents. About 15 minutes later she called me and said your application is successful and to come back in two hours to collect the passport! She was very friendly and I was appreciative that she granted the ILR so quickly.

All in all a very successful visit. Happy to answer any questions.

happ_go_lucky

Post by happ_go_lucky » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:37 pm

Congrats. Did you have long absences?

Panesar

Post by Panesar » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:43 pm

No, but since it was a SET (M) application, absences did not matter.

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:46 pm

Congrats Panesar !!!

GD78

Post by GD78 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:27 pm

Congrats on the ILR!!

Thanks for sharing this experience...I'm booked to go in for a Set(M) appointment in early March at Croydon as well.

In regards to the property you own...which documents did you provide? Land registry? Mortgage statement?

My wife owns the flat we live in so I'm not sure what exactly they would like to see in this regard.

akmoney
Newly Registered

I'm Confuse

Post by akmoney » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:38 pm

My wife will be due to send her SET M Form for ILR in March but we cannot afford the £1350 cost for the same day applicant but we're sending the documents via post,but my corncern is about our Joint Bank Statement because my wife dosen't a seperate bank account thant our Joint acct but the problem i'm having is if this joint bank statement won't affect her application because we receive child tax credit payment into this acct while my wife is not entitle to public funds..hope this wouldn't affect our application.Please help me out of my misery

TheNev
Newly Registered

Post by TheNev » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:00 pm

Hi Panesar,

Just to confirm that you had no questions around absences at all...? Could they have gone through the your passport maybe and worked out time out of the country based on stamps?
Reason I ask is that I am going for ILR via SET(M) and although I understand that absences are not critical - they are taken on merit... I have a situation where I was out to the UK for over 180 days in the last 2 year probation period. I am currently getting letters and spreadsheets explaining all this, but if they are not even asking or looking then I shouldn't worry too much.

Cheers,
Nev

Panesar

Post by Panesar » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:10 am

GD78 wrote:Congrats on the ILR!!

Thanks for sharing this experience...I'm booked to go in for a Set(M) appointment in early March at Croydon as well.

In regards to the property you own...which documents did you provide? Land registry? Mortgage statement?

My wife owns the flat we live in so I'm not sure what exactly they would like to see in this regard.
GD78: I took the land registry documents and a letter from HSBC granting the mortgage and the drawdown of funds. If you have a mortgage statement that should suffice. Good luck!

Panesar

Re: I'm Confuse

Post by Panesar » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:27 am

akmoney wrote:My wife will be due to send her SET M Form for ILR in March but we cannot afford the £1350 cost for the same day applicant but we're sending the documents via post,but my corncern is about our Joint Bank Statement because my wife dosen't a seperate bank account thant our Joint acct but the problem i'm having is if this joint bank statement won't affect her application because we receive child tax credit payment into this acct while my wife is not entitle to public funds..hope this wouldn't affect our application.Please help me out of my misery
akmoney: The Set (M) form clearly asks if you / your partner are receiving child tax credits, which you should of course disclose. If you are eligible for the child tax credit, then there should be no problem. If you wife is claiming the credit, when she is not eligible for it, i would recommend speaking to a solicitor as it could pose a problem. Good Luck!

Panesar

Post by Panesar » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:47 am

TheNev wrote:Hi Panesar,

Just to confirm that you had no questions around absences at all...? Could they have gone through the your passport maybe and worked out time out of the country based on stamps?
Reason I ask is that I am going for ILR via SET(M) and although I understand that absences are not critical - they are taken on merit... I have a situation where I was out to the UK for over 180 days in the last 2 year probation period. I am currently getting letters and spreadsheets explaining all this, but if they are not even asking or looking then I shouldn't worry too much.

Cheers,
Nev
Nev: I was not asked any questions around absences at all. She did not have my passport long enough to work out all the stamps. I'm currently doing that for naturalisation and it took me over an hour! The SET (O) Form asks for a list of absences but SET (M) doesnt. In your case i would recommend taking evidence and spreadsheets explaining this (if they ask). Better to be safe than sorry. I found that what they are mainly looking for was letters addressed to you and your partner. She went through all the letters and separated those that were in joint names first. She then selected ones addressed to us individually. She took more than six letters, so make sure you bring some spare ones! Good luck!

chrisrich

Re: I'm Confuse

Post by chrisrich » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:29 pm

akmoney wrote:My wife will be due to send her SET M Form for ILR in March but we cannot afford the £1350 cost for the same day applicant but we're sending the documents via post,but my corncern is about our Joint Bank Statement because my wife dosen't a seperate bank account thant our Joint acct but the problem i'm having is if this joint bank statement won't affect her application because we receive child tax credit payment into this acct while my wife is not entitle to public funds..hope this wouldn't affect our application.Please help me out of my misery
akmoney, Child tax credits won't affect your wife's application
Check the claiming benefits section & have a look at this link below as well. They will clear your doubts
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=26916
God has made everything beautiful in its time

GD78

Post by GD78 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:15 pm

Panesar wrote:
GD78 wrote:Congrats on the ILR!!

GD78: I took the land registry documents and a letter from HSBC granting the mortgage and the drawdown of funds. If you have a mortgage statement that should suffice. Good luck!
Thanks for your reply...it has been quite helpful :)

mohd24
Newly Registered

Re: ILR SET (M) Success - Croydon

Post by mohd24 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:15 pm

Hi Panesar, Congrats! can u let us know your previous visa category.If its FLRm then did you spend two years on that, then switch to SETm.
Thanks

Panesar

Post by Panesar » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:05 pm

Yes, I was on FLR (M) before for two years. I was on a work permit before that for 3 years, so am applying for nationality now.