ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EHIC

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lolo82
Canada

EHIC

Post by lolo82 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:23 pm

Hi, i am not sure what i should write on my cover letter regarding my EHIC. As i am applying for the EEA2, would i still be best to say I am staying in the UK temporarily (even though this is not the case) or should i write that I am submitting my EHIC in leiu of UK health cover as I do not wish to be left paying for 12 months cover in the event that my application is unsuccessful? I'll think of something more eloquant to say in the letter.

also, on a side note, i only have a lease for the past year. previous to that, i lived in a shared house through a private landlord. there was only one signature required on the lease and i have written a letter explaining why we dont have a lease. unfortunately, i cant ask our friend who signed the lease to write a letter as he has recently gone through a terrible lose (last week) and i dont wish to intrude. would a letter from me explaining suffice with bills in my and my partners names?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:22 pm

If you submit a non UK EHIC as CSI, the HO will only accept it if you state in the cover letter that your stay is temporary.

Are you applying as unmarried couple?

If not, there is no need to provide residence proof for past years. Only a current proof of residence.

If you are applying as unmarried couple, then cohabitation is required but you can prove that in other means than just a tenancy agreement (utility bills, joint bank statements etc).