ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No Acknowledgment for Tier-1 Extension!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gd_Shepherd

No Acknowledgment for Tier-1 Extension!

Post by gd_Shepherd » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:16 pm

Dear members,

I applied for tier-1 extension on 13th Jan 2012. The application was delivered on the 16th. The payment was deducted on the 19th Jan 2012 after which there is stunned silence. I have not received acknowledgment or biometric letter till today. I called up the UKBA several times and managed to get hold of them only once. I told them I have post office tracking id and they happily keyed it in to system status checker and told me that the application is not yet on their system. I am perplexed and thinking of contacting an attorney. Kindly advise. My visa runs out early next month.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I am having sleepless nights.

Regards
Shepherd

thebionicredneck2003
Member of Standing

Post by thebionicredneck2003 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:30 am

Hi,

I have often wondered why people seem to panic so much on this forum. In your situation you do not need to panic or have sleepless nights. Have a look at the sticky timeline posts on the forum. As long as the payment has been deducted, you should get the acknowledgement letter pretty soon.

In addition, as you sent in your visa before it expired, even if it does expire while it is being processed, your stay gets automatically extended because you made an in-time application.

Furthermore, getting a lawyer will not make any real difference as the application is less than a month old.

Exercise a little bit of patience and you will receive the confirmation soon enough.

Kind Regards