ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1, visa for dependent parents

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Darya
Newly Registered

Tier 1, visa for dependent parents

Post by Darya » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:53 pm

Hello all,
Could you please advise me in my situation please?
I am a Russian citizen. Currently I am on Tier 1 visa, expiring December 2013. It’s my second Tier 1 visa and I will apply for ILR in October 2013. I am planning to apply for British passport straight after 1 year. I think I won’t have problems with any of those.
I am married to French citizen since July 2011.
I would like to investigate a question regarding my parent’s visas.
They are both Russian citizens. Currently they have visas for 2 years. It’s a family visit visa and they can’t stay here longer than 180 days a year. We are expecting a baby and my dream is to get my parents dependant visa or ILR or visa, so they can stay here as long as they want.
I did investigation on dependent visas for my parents:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... dependent/
You must provide evidence that:
• you depend wholly or mainly on your settled relative for money;
• you (and any dependants you have) can and will be maintained and housed adequately, without needing public funds, in accommodation which your settled relative owns or occupies exclusively; and
• you have no other close relatives in your own country who can support you financially.
If there are exceptional compassionate circumstances, the following relatives who meet the above requirements may be allowed to join as settled person here:
• sons, daughters, sisters, brothers, uncles and aunts over the age of 18; and
• parents and grandparents under the age of 65.
For the financial dependence I can show that I do transfer 500 pounds every month to my parent’s joint account.
We own a house with a spare room for my parents
I am the only child in my family, so no other relatives.
My parents are both 51, both under 65 years old, so we need to provide exceptional compassionate circumstances. I am planning to prove their illness. I wanted to ask if I have a baby and I want my parents to care about the grandchildren and I am the only child for them. Could it be exceptional compassionate circumstances?

Many thanks,
Darya

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:21 pm