ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW to Tier 2. 30 Days?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jscott
Newly Registered

PSW to Tier 2. 30 Days?

Post by jscott » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:40 pm

Hi Everyone, was wondering if I could get a little help. I am currently in the process of getting sponsored and switching to a Tier 2 from a post study work visa. I meet all the requirements but my employer is saying I have to wait until 30 days before my current visa expires to apply for the Tier 2. My curreny visa expires April 11.

Has anyone ever heard this before or know why they might think that? Also, they seem to be a bit unknowledgable of the rules (which is quite frightning) so any documentation saying that I can apply as soon as I meet requirements would be GREATLY appreciated.

Many thanks in advance. I've been reading this board for ages and gotten some good advice, so figured I would post in my time of need. :D

Raone

Post by Raone » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:45 pm

When should you apply?

You should apply as soon as possible, and before your current permission to stay expires.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... /applying/

jscott
Newly Registered

Post by jscott » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:47 pm

Thank you!!!

madona587
Member of Standing

Post by madona587 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:31 pm

Has your employer got sponsor license ?

When is your PSW is expiring?

You must not apply 3 months before the job start date as seen on your COS. but other than that its advised that you apply for TIER2 as soon as possible. Home office might introduce some new rules which is not in your favour.
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on :)

jscott
Newly Registered

Post by jscott » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:10 am

My PSW expires April 11 2012... My sponsor does have a license. I suppose now it is just down to me chasing them... I've shown them the UKBA information... HR departments aren't the most efficient.

madona587
Member of Standing

Post by madona587 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:25 am

jscott wrote:My PSW expires April 11 2012... My sponsor does have a license. I suppose now it is just down to me chasing them... I've shown them the UKBA information... HR departments aren't the most efficient.
You are good to go now. make sure to do it before April cause they usually make rule changes in April :lol:

Chase them up and make sure your salary, working hours calculated to match the required salary in SOC.

Good luck.

NB11
Newly Registered

Post by NB11 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:41 pm

Hi madona578,

The changes in April you mention... Are they any specific changes or just a general rule?
My company's HR also mentioned some possible mysterious changes to the rules in switching from PSW to Tier 2, but didn't give any details. Just advised that I apply asap end of March-early April, but there are no in-person appointments for that time... Should I start worrying? :)

My PSW expires in September 2012. all other reqs. are met by me & employer, according to HR.

Thanks in advance for the information.
NB.

madona587
Member of Standing

Post by madona587 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:07 am

NB11 wrote:Hi madona578,

The changes in April you mention... Are they any specific changes or just a general rule?
My company's HR also mentioned some possible mysterious changes to the rules in switching from PSW to Tier 2, but didn't give any details. Just advised that I apply asap end of March-early April, but there are no in-person appointments for that time... Should I start worrying? :)

My PSW expires in September 2012. all other reqs. are met by me & employer, according to HR.

Thanks in advance for the information.
NB.
There is no such mysterious rules implemented as far as I'm aware. There is a minimum earning of 35K after you complete your 5 year TIER2 visa then if you are paid 35K minimum you can get ILR. (Only rule change with regards to TIER2)

NB11
Newly Registered

Post by NB11 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:10 pm

Hi, thanks a lot for the answer! Yes, I've seen this one on the UKBA site, but it didn't seem to influence my transfer at this point (in the future though...).
Cheers, NB.