ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question about when an Application is considered valid

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Nefertiiti
American Samoa

Question about when an Application is considered valid

Post by Nefertiiti » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:18 pm

Hello everyone!!!

I have submitted my PSW application, sent postal orders as payment and got an acknowledgement letter from the UKBA.

My Question is:
Is the acknowledgement letter a sign that the UKBA has received payment for my application thus making it valid and acceptable? Or is it until I get my bio invitation letter that I can heave a sigh of relief that at least my application is being processed?

Also if there are any issues with my supporting documents will I be informed about this? I don't hope there will be because I double-checked everything but I know there can always be something I missed.

I have read the policy guidance notes and visited the UKBA website countless times, but I would appreciate it if I could get a direct response here. It would give me rest of mind.

Thank you. :D
Nefertiiti

derlin

Re: Question about when an Application is considered valid

Post by derlin » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:04 am

Nefertiiti wrote:Hello everyone!!!

I have submitted my PSW application, sent postal orders as payment and got an acknowledgement letter from the UKBA.

My Question is:
Is the acknowledgement letter a sign that the UKBA has received payment for my application thus making it valid and acceptable? Or is it until I get my bio invitation letter that I can heave a sigh of relief that at least my application is being processed?

Also if there are any issues with my supporting documents will I be informed about this? I don't hope there will be because I double-checked everything but I know there can always be something I missed.

I have read the policy guidance notes and visited the UKBA website countless times, but I would appreciate it if I could get a direct response here. It would give me rest of mind.

Thank you. :D
Nefertiiti wrote:Hello everyone!!!

My Question is:
Is the acknowledgement letter a sign that the UKBA has received payment for my application thus making it valid and acceptable?
Acknowledgement letter is not a recognition of receipt of payment though it is usually issued after the application fee has been processed. Though the letter doesn't specify payment has been received, it can be inferred the use of phrases like—your "application will now be passed on to a casework"—suggest payment has been processed successfully.
However, in some cases the acknowledgement letters have been issued before the processing of payment.
Nefertiiti wrote:Also if there are any issues with my supporting documents will I be informed about this?
It's the applicant's responsibility to submit the necessary and correct documents to accompany the filled application form. Caseworkers may ask for additional documents or further clarification before arriving at a decision. However, anecdotal evidence shows the request for additional documents and clarifications is not as high as it was in the years before 2006. That's, nowadays caseworkers are more disciplined to make decisions based on the initial documents accompanying the filled application forms. According to sources familiar with this matter, it's an attempt to reduce administrative costs incurred by UKBA, which begs the question what then is the purpose of the application fee.
Last edited by derlin on Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

Nefertiiti
American Samoa

Post by Nefertiiti » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:13 am

Hi Derlin,

Thanks for your reply, forums like this really help to counter anxiety brought about by the waiting.

It really begs the question indeed, but I guess we'll never know why the application fees go up, but processing times and feedback don't improve commensuratly. I hope as a rule postal orders are less trickier than debit/credit cards.

I now await my biometric invitation letter with bated breath. Cheers. :-)
Nefertiiti

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:57 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Nefertiiti
American Samoa

Post by Nefertiiti » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:11 am

I used electronic bank statements but made sure they had bank logo, date, name, account number, etc plus I got them stamped and signed by my bank.

I hope that will suffice as evidence of maintenance funds.
Nefertiiti

King_Khan

Post by King_Khan » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:03 pm

Yeah that absolutely suffices the maintenance requirement as long as u have maintained enough funds for the specified duration ;)

Nefertiiti
American Samoa

Post by Nefertiiti » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:53 pm

Hello again everyone!!!

I would like to know how long it takes after enrolling my biometric information to getting the decision.

Secondly, does the fact that I am being asked to enrol my biometric info give any indication that my application has been approved? I guess what I'm trying to ask is if I there are any issues with my application would I have been told by now BEFORE being asked to enrol my bio details?

I am trying to decipher the inner workings of the HO, lol.
:D

Anyone with some insight should please help me out.

Thanks.
Nefertiiti

divine_
Newly Registered

Post by divine_ » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:29 pm

From experience I can tell you that acknowledgement letter does NOT mean that the payment has been processed.

You should be able to tell though. What payment method did you use? You should be able to see the payment deducted on your account if you used debit card / cheque. You don't need to worry if you paid by postal order.

Nefertiiti
American Samoa

Post by Nefertiiti » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:40 pm

divine_ wrote:From experience I can tell you that acknowledgement letter does NOT mean that the payment has been processed.

You should be able to tell though. What payment method did you use? You should be able to see the payment deducted on your account if you used debit card / cheque. You don't need to worry if you paid by postal order.
Hi, I paid using postal orders and called the post office to find out if the money had been cashed. They said it had so I guess that's that!
Nefertiiti

aftabkhan812

Post by aftabkhan812 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:34 pm

Hi Guys. I posted my psw application just today through the postal process. I filled up my application at my friends place with their guidance and can be sure that I have sent all the supporting documents .. However, one thing that is eating me up is that Im trying to recall if i filled in a few fields now when i see the practice form i filled, for eg ticking a box to say my university is a tier 4 sponsor.. Is it likely that the application will get refuse dor do they normally put 2 and 2 together and accept that it is..? I cant get sleep thinking that its gone and I may have ruined my only chance,..!! :(

bb84
Newly Registered

Post by bb84 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:36 pm

Nefertiiti wrote:Hello again everyone!!!

I would like to know how long it takes after enrolling my biometric information to getting the decision.

Secondly, does the fact that I am being asked to enrol my biometric info give any indication that my application has been approved? I guess what I'm trying to ask is if I there are any issues with my application would I have been told by now BEFORE being asked to enrol my bio details?

I am trying to decipher the inner workings of the HO, lol.
:D

Anyone with some insight should please help me out.

Thanks.
Hi Nefertiti. I read somewhere that you had applied for your Biometrics on 5Mar. I applied on the same day and am yet to hear about my BRP or my documents. Could you let me know whether you submitted your biometrics in a UKBA office or a post office. I read somewhere that people who went to a post office haven been receiving their BRPs quicker. Don't know if that's true, but I am extremely worried and any indication to the same would help me. You know how it is :cry:
PS: my friends have already received their docs and BRS cards!
PPS: they did apply through a post office.