ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Doubt regarding Hearing Day

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lucy_2011
Member of Standing

Doubt regarding Hearing Day

Post by lucy_2011 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:17 pm

Hello all,

A brief background history..
I came to UK on prospective student visa to chk out ACCA institutes and then start my course. I stayed at my husband's place as we were family friends since ages. In the meantime, we developed relationship and decided to get married. I have all the proofs related to ACCA courses in terms of email conversations with various institutes.
My husband holds UK ILR. We did court marriage in July 2011 in UK. My visa got rejected in UK and they asked me to apply from India as I dnt have any appeal rights in UK. I came bk to India and applied for settlement visa on 5th Sept, 2011. Received Refusal letter on 4th Oct, 2011 mentioning the relationship is not genuine.
We prepared the appeal package which included:

1. Copy of VAF4A form
2. Notice of Decision (Refusal letter)
3. Letter from Sponsor (letter stating our relationship and why you want to live with me in UK)
4. Marriage certificate
5. Photographs
6. Letters from Friends
7. Cards
8. Emails
9. Phone records(Me n my husband)
10. Gifts
11. Copy of Tenancy Amendment
12. Joint Utility Bills
13. Home pictures
14. Bank statements(husband)
15. P60(husband)
16. Pay slips(husband)
17. Employment Letter(husband)
18. HR Letter(husband)
19. Copy of my Canadian Study Visa

I recently received a Notice of Hearing mentioning 2nd Mar, 2012 as my hearing date which my husband will be attending. This day happens to be my birth day. Hopefully things will go in our favor with your help.

I have a quick question for all the senior members,

Our parents recently insisted that we do an Indian Ritual Wedding in India. So for parents' sake and for our relatives, we did the wedding on 20th Jan, 2012.

Should we show these wedding pictures to the Judge or just ignore it as the judge might feel that im dodgy?

and imp fact which we r missing, plz let us knw as we cant afford solicitors at the moment... any help wld be appreciated...

thnks in advance n god bless u all..

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:17 pm

The above documents you have listed are one that you probably lodged with your application. You will not need these for your appeal.

What were the exact wording of your refusal and what was your response to the refusal points that you completed on the appeal form.

What evidence did you submit with your appeal regards your relationship with your husband prior to your marriage, as it appears the ECO believes that this was probably a marriage of conveniance to enable you to stay in UK prior to your student visa expiring

lucy_2011
Member of Standing

Post by lucy_2011 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:26 pm

Hello Sir,

This is Payal... I came on gtalk to discuss the same wid u but u were in the ofc... u already have my case details in ur gmail.

this is in continuation to the same case.. i have been given a hearing date....

do u remember now?

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:28 pm

Yes I remember now, I thought teh name sounded familair. :lol:

Speak to me after 8pm on Gmail

lucy_2011
Member of Standing

Post by lucy_2011 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:30 pm

ok sir,

thnk u once again....

jimmurray
BANNED

Re: Doubt regarding Hearing Day

Post by jimmurray » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:19 pm

lucy_2011 wrote:Received Refusal letter on 4th Oct, 2011 mentioning the relationship is not genuine.
lol the audacity of these people...dont worry it's just psychological warfare

did you send all that info in the original application? I find it hard to believe that they would say such things if you supplied photos, letters from friends etc....

did you write a declaration letter?

lucy_2011
Member of Standing

Post by lucy_2011 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:12 pm

dear,

we did send every possible thing u cld think of at the moment... still these people became ignorant of the fact....