ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Anyone applied for same day application?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

momer79

Anyone applied for same day application?

Post by momer79 » Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:28 pm

Hi,

I heared that if soemone want to switch his visa then he has to apply by post(FLR M).

I am on student visa and recently married and applying for FLR(M) but someone told me that i have to apply by post and if i apply same day(in person) then they wont consider my application bcz i am switching my visa and advise me to apply be post.

Is that true? Can't i apply in person.

Regards,
Rehman

L_E_O

Post by L_E_O » Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:36 am

Whoever told you you can't apply to switch visas in-person is talking rubbish. I switched from a student to a spousal visa in person (Croydon PEO) last year.

momer79

hi...

Post by momer79 » Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:38 pm

Thanxs for your reply.

Could you plz help me bit more.

My wife is getting Public funds (JSA and DLA) for herself and she is british national. I working 20 Hrs for Barclay Bank and earning £570 pounds per month and have bank statement of £3500, is that okay? or i have to apply through immigration lawer?

Many Thanxs,

L_E_O

Post by L_E_O » Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:14 pm

Your wife receiving public funds is fine - she's a British citizen and is entitled to them.

However, I would strongly suggest you ask a family member to co-sponsor you when you apply for FLR. While there is no set "magic amount" that must be in your bank account when you apply, the caseworker may question your ability to support yourself and your wife on a part-time wage. The co-sponsor would need to provide bank statements and/or wage slips and write a short letter saying they are aware of your application and will provide financial assistance if necessary.

Honestly, you don't need an immigration advisor for your application. Your case sounds relatively straightforward (unless you're an overstayer, have been deported, etc - only very serious stuff like that) and you shouldn't have a problem securing FLR.

momer79

THANXS L-E-O

Post by momer79 » Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:48 pm

Hi,

i am on students visa and can work only 20 Hrs. My visa will expire March 2007 and one of our family friend will write the letter that he can support us if nessary but i cant ask him for bank statement or pay slips bcz its quite personal.

My wife is pregnant and has muscular and joint disability which cause her pain and trie quickly. Thats why she is getting DLA and not working. She can only do office work where she can do her job to sit down and which is not easy to find. Do i need to mention abt pregnancy and disability in my application? Some one told me that it might show that we will get more benifits if i mention in application.

What kind of questions PEO asked you?

Thanxs alot,