ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

3 month waiver for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mailppk

3 month waiver for ILR

Post by mailppk » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:55 am

Hi All,

Got a reply from UKBA settlement ops team...

SettlementOpsPolicy@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Dear ***,

Thank you for your enquiry regarding your eligibility to apply for settlement in the UK. I can confirm that as per the modernised guidance to which you refer, caseworkers can count an absence from the UK at the beginning of the Entry Clearance leave, for a period of up to 3 months.

You delayed your entry to UK for up to 2 months, which is within the permitted limit, therefore I can confirm that you will be eligible to apply for ILR 28 days before your HSMP entry clearance start date.

I trust this answers your question

Regards
UK Border Agency – Settlement Ops Policy

khalidmirza
Member of Standing

Re: 3 month waiver for ILR

Post by khalidmirza » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:12 am

mailppk wrote:Hi All,

Got a reply from UKBA settlement ops team...

SettlementOpsPolicy@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Dear ***,

Thank you for your enquiry regarding your eligibility to apply for settlement in the UK. I can confirm that as per the modernised guidance to which you refer, caseworkers can count an absence from the UK at the beginning of the Entry Clearance leave, for a period of up to 3 months.

You delayed your entry to UK for up to 2 months, which is within the permitted limit, therefore I can confirm that you will be eligible to apply for ILR 28 days before your HSMP entry clearance start date.

I trust this answers your question

Regards
UK Border Agency – Settlement Ops Policy

It is quite heartening. Although I should always see the brighter side of the picture and I am sure there is no such case which has been refused since this modernised guidance. But please be informed and note the word CAN or MAY in the modernised guidance. Therefore we hope all goes in our favours