ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employment outside the Immigration Rules on Concession

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shani70
Newly Registered

Employment outside the Immigration Rules on Concession

Post by shani70 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:30 pm

"WRK2 - Work: entry for non - points-based system employment

IDI April/06 CH1 SECT14 – LEAVE OUTSIDE THE RULES 7
Annex A
IMMIGRATION POLICY CONCESSIONS

Please note: It is planned to incorporate these immigration policy concessions into the proposed Points Based System, as outlined in the Five-Year Strategy for Asylum and Immigration. In the interim, advice on each concession should be obtained from the relevant policy lead."

1. Introduction
United Kingdom immigration legislation does not extend to installations operating wholly at sea on the United Kingdom continental shelf. We cannot prohibit overseas nationals from taking employment on off-shore installations. Off-shore workers usually work on a rota basis spending a number of weeks working followed by an equal number of weeks on shore leave. They often base themselves and their dependants in the United Kingdom. They do not require permission under the Points Based System (PBS) for their off-shore employment, but they and their dependants do require leave to enter or remain.
[back to top]
2. Leave to enter
Subject to normal visa requirements, off-shore workers are allowed to live in the United Kingdom during their shore leave outside the immigration rules. Their dependants are also exceptionally allowed to base themselves in the United Kingdom.
2.1. Granting leave to enter
If the immigration officer is satisfied that the person only intends to work in off-shore employment, leave to enter should normally be given for 12 months Code 2. Entry clearance is not mandatory for non-visa nationals. Permission under PBS is only required if any part of the work will be on-shore within the United Kingdom.

4. Settlement
Applications for indefinite leave to remain from off-shore workers and/or their dependants should normally be refused on the basis that their original leave to enter or remain in the United Kingdom was not in a category that leads to settlement. Indefinite leave may be granted, however, if they qualify in some other way under another category of the immigration rules or under a concession that can lead to settlement.
what does it mean?

I am UK Resident on Employments out side the immigration rule category as Off-shore Worker, need to apply for Residence Permit every year: UKBA gives me 1 year leave to remain on each year.I am in category from last 4 years wondering when I can apply for ILR Permanent Residence Settlement?

Is any one able to help me out when I shall be applied on SET(O) form is that a Five year as above quoted text from UKBA website same like a Domestic Worker in Private House Hold "Employment Not Requiring Work Permit"[/b]

pennylessinindia

Post by pennylessinindia » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:33 am

I believe it clearly says you can not apply for settlement in this category . As you say there is a concession but not clear you meet that . You also mention a similar case with domestic workers this route now closed .
pennyless