ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Precautions for British Citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

m.j

Precautions for British Citizenship

Post by m.j » Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:19 pm

Hi

I have got ILR recently and am planning to apply for citizenship after 1-1.5 years.
Can someone please let me know if there is anything I need to take care of for the next 1 year which might affect the application for citizenship (other than any criminal convictions).

Thanks

Smallfamily

Re: Precautions for British Citizenship

Post by Smallfamily » Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:24 pm

m.j wrote:Hi

I have got ILR recently and am planning to apply for citizenship after 1-1.5 years.
Can someone please let me know if there is anything I need to take care of for the next 1 year which might affect the application for citizenship (other than any criminal convictions).

Thanks
Absence from UK is important. See the following link:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... cesfromuk/

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:51 pm

Please note that the examples at the top of the page refer to application when married to BC where the absences allowed are less than 270 days in 3 years. For other applications, the requirement is less than 450 days in 5 years.

Unlike ILR (under PBS categories), for naturalisation all absences count regardless if they are work related.

osteophytes

Re: Precautions for British Citizenship

Post by osteophytes » Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:33 am

m.j wrote:Hi

Thanks
And also avoid any legal troubles - driving offences etc