ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Are overtime pay part of earnings

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tima
Newly Registered

Are overtime pay part of earnings

Post by tima » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:28 pm

Hi,
With my current employer I get basic pay and overtime pay. I am planning to apply for Tier 1 extension. My overtime pay are clearly showed in payslip Can I include my overtime amount as my earnings. Do I need to get any confirmation letter from employer ?

ManiKing

Post by ManiKing » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:31 pm

If this earnings are included in your taxable salary. You can claim points for this. I have claimed points for my overtime salary.

No need to get any info from employer.

Thanks,
Mani

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Re: Are overtime pay part of earnings

Post by rakeysh.patel » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:46 pm

tima wrote:Hi,
With my current employer I get basic pay and overtime pay. I am planning to apply for Tier 1 extension. My overtime pay are clearly showed in payslip Can I include my overtime amount as my earnings. Do I need to get any confirmation letter from employer ?
Yap. You can always include OT salary as your earning as long as its been showed as Taxable income. If you ever had to get the OT Authorisation form signed for claiming OT, a copy of that would be good to attach. If not, shouldn't cause too much drama
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...