ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa issued successfully

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

LadySSSS

Spouse visa issued successfully

Post by LadySSSS » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:25 pm

I just received my passport and got issued spouse visa for 24 months (wrote email to Embassy, because i think they made mistake, it should be 27 months, but this should be solved easily), and i wish to thank you all for all the information available on this website. It has all been really helpful. I have been rejected spouse visa once before i finally got it now.

I would like to share list of all documents which i submitted with my application, hoping that will help somebody in future.

Main problem with that rejected application was my husband's employment (which was regular employment, but ECO has complained about lack of evidence, even tho i submitted bank statements, pay slips, employment letter...)

So here is the list:

1. Applicant
- application form
- english language requirement form VAF 4A Annex
- passport
- previous passports
- marriage certificate original + translation + copy
- english test report + copy

2. Sponsor
- supporting letter
- bio page passport

3. Sponsor’s employment and finances
- sponsor’s bank statement
- sponsor’s bank account balance certificate
- employment certificate
- pay slips + copy
- email conversation between employer and sponsor where employer claims that he will give any information embassy may ask about
- employment contract + copy
- paye coding notice + copy
- HMRC letter of paid taxes+ copy

4. Accomodation
- tenancy agreement + copy
- succession to tenancy acceptance + copy
- letter from the tenant
- council letter

5. Evidence of relationship
- Sponsor’s passport travel page copy
- Sponsor’s phone listing last 2 years
- Applicant’s sms texts last 2 years
- Facebook pages with photos and dates of uploading
- Wedding photos
- Wedding guest book copy
- Booking form for accomodation - honeymoon
- Photos from honeymoon

6. Applicant’s other document
- applicant’s CV
- applicant’s degree certificate + copy
- applicant’s certificate of passed exams + copy
- job offers from the market

I also decided to write personal letter, where i explained to ECO all the he was complaining about. I explained every single sentence, and stated evidence for it.

It may look like overkill, but i was sick of being rejected without proper reason, so i did not want any risk.

Once again, big thanks to everybody who is running this forum, and helping with their knowledge.

Sanja

shade00
Member of Standing

Post by shade00 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:13 pm

I cant comprehend how they rejected you with all that evidence.

You gave everything that was needed.

So the rejectiong was purely based on employment?

They were not statisfied with the proof given that your work there?

Only thing i could think of is they tried to contact your employers without any success.
-----------------------------
“Surely the patient will be paid their wages in full without reckoning.” [39:10]

Submitted ISL -22/02/12
Granted 12/07/12

LadySSSS

Post by LadySSSS » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:47 pm

Problem with that rejected application was because ECO tried to find my husband's employer in Companies House website, and he could not find it, because my husband is working for Sole Trader, not for Company, and sole traders are not registered with companies house. Then starting from that, he assumed that everything is false. He stated that pay slips are not correct, that bank statements are not evidence, paye sheme is not correct, lots of nonsense, and even the fact that they contacted my husband's employer and he did confirm that my husband is working, just was not enough. ECO made his mind that my husband is not working and that documents are false and that is it.

Just imagine my anger and disappointment when i received decision of refusal?! Guess i was lucky that they did not ban me for giving false evidence?!

Then some private things happened in my life, so i decided to wait few months, and then i made next application, where i gave all the documents from that list, and i have been issued visa. I am still angry when i think how he could just make his mind based on one fact, which he did not even understand.

But life goes on. I got my visa now and i am finally flying to my husband in 7 days, after being separate for almost a year.

And btw, we are talking about British Embassy in Belgrade, so if anybody from Serbia need help please send PM here. ;)

shade00
Member of Standing

Post by shade00 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:56 pm

Atleast all is sorted now. :)
-----------------------------
“Surely the patient will be paid their wages in full without reckoning.” [39:10]

Submitted ISL -22/02/12
Granted 12/07/12

caylalove
Newly Registered

Post by caylalove » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:58 am

Thanks for the list and congratz! How long did the application take and where did u aply?

LadySSSS

Post by LadySSSS » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:27 am

caylalove wrote:Thanks for the list and congratz! How long did the application take and where did u aply?
Applied in Belgrade, Serbia. They phoned my husband after 3 weeks, and next morning decision was ready to pick up. Both times it took around 3 weeks.

timothy
BANNED

Re: Spouse visa issued successfully

Post by timothy » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:03 pm

congrats ladyssss, please tell me how the biometrics and making appointment work i would b very grateful thank u

yangmarai
Newly Registered

Post by yangmarai » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:06 am

yes it should be 27 months.. mine is from feb 2012 to may 2014.