ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents required at Immigration check

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

maverick.topgun1984
Newly Registered

Documents required at Immigration check

Post by maverick.topgun1984 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:11 pm

Hi friends,

I will be coming to the UK on a Tier 2 Visa soon. I wanted to know what all documents should I carry to show at the Immigration checks?
Also, do I need to carry chest X-Ray?

bvinay
Newly Registered

Post by bvinay » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:17 pm

If you are entering UK first time then Yes you need a chest xray and if you don't have if they want they will ask to do at the airport. My friend was asked to do this.

Rest you need a letter from your employer, accommodation proof or atleast you should have an idea where are you staying.

I guess this what you need the most as all the checks are been previously carried out before issuing the visa. and don't forget ur passport and BRP LOL

rguabiraba
Newly Registered

Post by rguabiraba » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:28 pm

- Employer's letter (same used to apply, if used, or from a sponsor...).
- Proof of a place to stay when you arrive (can be a letter of a friend, employer...)
- Passport with entry clearance
- Any proof of money (altough never saw anyone with a Tier 2 entry clearance being asked for such). An international card or the sponsor letter (stating you salary) will be fine.

X-ray is absolutely random. I was asked to, but arriving there (in Heathrow, at the "health bureau" or whatever), the lady just asked me where did I come from (Brazil) and if I was in perfect health. She put a stamp saying it was "OK". It is normally fast and not stressfull anyway.

With an entry clearance and a proof of job and address to stay, everyhting will be more than ok for you.

cheers