ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from Tier 1 General to Tier 2

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rakeshb2
Newly Registered

Switching from Tier 1 General to Tier 2

Post by rakeshb2 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:15 pm

I am currently on Tier-1 General visa and is valid from 25-Oct-10 to 25-Oct-12. (Date of first application: Aug 2010)

As the new rules are effective 06-Apr-2010, there is a drastic changes in the previous earnings section and is also impacting my required total score of 80.

Presently, I am doing some part time (Teaching),, but pay/income is generally not consistent in all months, and there may be a risk, whether I will be able to score to points as required for my application.
Based on the aforementioned situation, I am planning to switch from Tier 1 to Tier 2 visa, as my current salary is not meeting the criteria for extension (applied after 06-Apr-10).
Will it be a good option if I ask my company to sponsor me under Tier 2. In that case, will I be eligible for Indefinite leave to remain (or I will get visa for 3 + 2) years only.
Your suggestion will help me taking a decision. Request you to please respond. Should you need further clarification for my case, please let me know.
Thanks in anticipation.

rakeshb2
Newly Registered

Post by rakeshb2 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:31 pm

Dear All,
Request you to provide your inputs on my query.
Sincere Thanks

xorti
Newly Registered

Post by xorti » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:49 pm

is your salary is different from the one which were in first tier 1 general application?