ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ESOL ?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Easy Tiger

ESOL ?

Post by Easy Tiger » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:38 am

Hi , can anyone tell me if the ESOL internation diploma Course at A1 level for the uk spouse visa is higher or low then esol entry level 3 needed for the ILR.

My wife was issued her uk spouse in December last year which expire in 27 months. At that time she achieved the ESOL internation diploma at a1. Now if this isn't entry level 3 or above I'm aware she will have to ESOL with citizenship material course.

Thanks

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:14 am

I think you have misunderstood the KOL requirements. If a person's English is at or above Entry Level 3, they have to take the LITUK test to fulfil the KOL requirement. If it is below entry level 3, they need to take an ESOL course with citizenship element and show progression from one level to another.

An A1 ESOL certificate is lower than entry level 3. However i would not assume that this certificate will be suitable for ilr-as an esol qualification for ilr needs to include citizenship elements, she needs a letter stating she has progressed from one level to the next and the qualification needs to be taken with an accredited college and she needs to have studied for a minimum number of hours.

See more information here- http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... uage-life/

Finally there is a chance the English language requirement for ilr will be different by the time your wife applies.