ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

True copy of the original i.e. stamp and Sign "True cop

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

filish11

True copy of the original i.e. stamp and Sign "True cop

Post by filish11 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:27 am

Hello everyone. My husband and I met our friend who is a solicitor to sign that the photocopies are true copy of the original. He just sign it and states that the photocopies are true copies of the original. He didn't have any stamp, he just sign it. My question is that, is this ok that he just sign it and states that they are the true copies or do we still needs him to stamp it?

Thank you in advance.

biggerjosh

hi

Post by biggerjosh » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:39 am

noremly waht they will do stste that it is true copy of the orignal and would then put a seal which contains the details of the solicitor and sign.if i were u i would definately stamp it as otherwise inis wont be able to know who signed it.

adlexy

Re: True copy of the original i.e. stamp and Sign "True

Post by adlexy » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:13 pm

filish11 wrote:Hello everyone. My husband and I met our friend who is a solicitor to sign that the photocopies are true copy of the original. He just sign it and states that the photocopies are true copies of the original. He didn't have any stamp, he just sign it. My question is that, is this ok that he just sign it and states that they are the true copies or do we still needs him to stamp it?

Thank you in advance.
filish11,

According to the Application forms:

"In order to make a certified copy, you must take your original certificates/documents to your solicitor or a notary public, commissioner for oaths or peace commissioner and ask them to make a photocopy of each document and certify that it is a true copy of the original i.e. stamp and sign it “True copy of the original”.

And that is the general standard everywhere in the world - I assume.

I will suggest that your friend MUST of necessaity to make it acceptable, affix a stamp. Otherwise, anyone anywhere should have been able to certify any document as a true copy! :)

All the best!

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:14 pm

i think you should get stamp.because your paying 175 euro draft to inis citizenship divsion.if they return your documents back than you will have to pay again.its mention in the website www.inis.gov.ie