ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 extension - travel history checked?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

t1app_usa
Newly Registered

Tier 1 extension - travel history checked?

Post by t1app_usa » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:43 pm

I am going for an in-person premium appointment to extend my Tier 1 in a few weeks.

This may seem like an odd question but does anyone know if UKBA checks your travel history? Not immigration history, but countries you have traveled to since your last application? I have been to some places which due to lax immigration policies and border controls have not always given a stamp in my passport. I am worried the check will show that I have no record in my passport of travel to country X even though UKBA's database will have my departure/arrival history from when I've landed back at Heathrow.

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:56 pm

I believe UKBA asks you to provide the travel history only if you are applying for ILR. There is no such section on the application form that asks you to provide your travel history.

I am not sure if this is a separate check conducted by UKBA.

My personal opinion is that it shouldn't matter but I have no experience in this perspective. The question might be better answered by a board senior.