ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

without a job for 6 months prior to the ILR application?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

friday

without a job for 6 months prior to the ILR application?

Post by friday » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:58 pm

Hi all,

I am aware the someone needs to claim enough points (attributes) to apply for ILR, but do i need to have a job prior (2-5 months) to my application, even if I can score enough points?

What if there is a gap for about 2-3 months in earnings (without job) in the last 6 months before the ILR application. Will this affect my application?

May you please advice on this, or if possible direct me to useful links please.

thanks.

angelloveguy

Post by angelloveguy » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:01 pm

Please give more details like on which Visa you are on and when did you come. more details will help us to guide you.

friday

Post by friday » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:04 pm

angelloveguy wrote:Please give more details like on which Visa you are on and when did you come. more details will help us to guide you.

Thanks for reading this. I am on Tier 1 (general) VISA that I will extend very soon before applying to ILR next year.

khalidmirza
Member of Standing

Post by khalidmirza » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:05 pm

friday wrote:
angelloveguy wrote:Please give more details like on which Visa you are on and when did you come. more details will help us to guide you.

Thanks for reading this. I am on Tier 1 (general) VISA that I will extend very soon before applying to ILR next year.
For extension of Tier 1 you need income threshold any continuous 12 months. You may meet this criteria even being out of job within those 12 months provided you have the required income level. For ILR condition is that you should be in employment at the time of application

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:02 pm

Khalidmirza, I think even at the time of ILR you don’t need to be employed. You need to score the same points for ILR as you did at the time of Tier-1 and as long as you have earned enough money in last 12 out of 15 months, you will fine. (you can earn required amount in less than 12 months).

friday

Post by friday » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:29 pm

Klaidmirza and Linkers, thank you for your comments.

I have been searching the uk border site but could not find information about this subject (i.e. salary period calculations, gaps in salary prior to ILR, and being employed prior and at time of ILR).

I can find this information for Tier 1 but not ILR. The only things I found relevant were the tables that show how many points you can score for certain earnings.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:14 pm

Friday, the same point calculation applies to ILR as it does to Tier-1.

I am sure you don’t need to be employed at the time of ILR.

rshelar
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rshelar » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:05 pm

Can someone please confirm if it is true that one needs to be in employment at the time of applying for ILR.

The last time I did my extension I did not have a job but had sufficient points and income, had no issues in getting the extension.

ilraspirant

Post by ilraspirant » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:16 am

See Mr. Andy's story, he and his wife both were unemployed at the time of applying for ILR, but they were successful.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... &view=next

khalidmirza
Member of Standing

Post by khalidmirza » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:35 am

linkers wrote:Khalidmirza, I think even at the time of ILR you don’t need to be employed. You need to score the same points for ILR as you did at the time of Tier-1 and as long as you have earned enough money in last 12 out of 15 months, you will fine. (you can earn required amount in less than 12 months).
My mistake. Yes you are right, Being in employment is requirement for HSMP JR cases. Thanks for correcting me

friday

Post by friday » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:42 am

Thank you all for your help and comments.

friday

Post by friday » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:54 am

linkers wrote:Khalidmirza, I think even at the time of ILR you don’t need to be employed. You need to score the same points for ILR as you did at the time of Tier-1 and as long as you have earned enough money in last 12 out of 15 months, you will fine. (you can earn required amount in less than 12 months).

you mean the way of calculating the points for earning should be the same for ILR as Tier 1?

I understand that there is no requirement to score exactly the same points for previous earning for ILR as I did in my last tier 1 extension? for tier 1 extension i need 95 points (total inlcuding previous earningsl) while for ILR i need 75 (total inlcuding previous earnings). So even if i score less points for earnings, compared to Tier 1 extension, when I apply for ILR, only the total points (75) are important.

I could be wrong. So please let me know what you think.

Thank you in advance.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:48 pm

Friday: You don’t need the score the exact points for ILR as you did at the time of Tier-1.

As long as you score at least 75 points, you will fine.