ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR due date and few questions for dependent

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lokesh

ILR due date and few questions for dependent

Post by lokesh » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:12 pm

Hi Guys,

Just need your input on the below queries.

My ILR due date - Entered UK in Work Permit and later switched to Tier-1, below is my timeline.
Work Permit stamped date - 23/03/2007
Entered UK - 11/06/2007
Swicthed to Tier-1(In country) - 11/06/2008
Extended last year, visa validity upto - 11/06/2013

Now as per the above timelines, I believe my ILR eligibility is somewhere after 14th May 2012.
I saw in few post that ILR dates can be calculated from Visa stamped date(in my case 23/03/2007) , if duration between initial entry and stamped date is lesser than 3months.
My question is can i apply for ILR considering my initial visa stamped date eventhough my visa validity is still next year(i.e 11/06/2013)?

My Wife Status after ILR
My wife joined me last year, she won't complete 2yrs by the time i get my ILR,
I believe i need to apply for FLR(M) and then ILR by next year? - correct me if i'm wrong.

My Daughter visa
My daughter born here(in UK) last year, i haven't applied for Indian Passport and neither i included her as my dependent.
I am planning to apply for MN1(for my baby) after i get my ILR, considering i will be in ILR status and not my wife will there be a issue to go for MN1 route for kid?

Apologies in advance as this kind of questions has been answered numerous times by expert, just want to clarify again from this forum.

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:23 pm

1. You can consider your Visa stamp date as you entered within 3 months and take benefit of that clause.
2. Yes, FLR(M) then ILR(M) after completing 2 years in UK as dependent.
3. No problem with applying using NM1 with just you on ILR.

lokesh

Post by lokesh » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:03 pm

Thanks a lot sunil....that clears my doubt :)