ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I am scared of UKBA

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

manuelaux

I am scared of UKBA

Post by manuelaux » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:15 pm

I am scared of UKBA

Dear all,

I must admit that I am scared of UKBA

Whatever I try to do with them, whenever I contact them whenever I get in touch wit them they do mistakes; provide wrong information, unable to do anything …

I have a feeling that UKBA is full of unqualified people that don’t do their job properly.

MY LAST EXPERIENCE:

• I made a Subject Access Request … I went to their site and it says please send: a cheque or postal order for £10, payable to 'The Home Office Accounting Officer'; and
• Sufficient personal information to enable us to uniquely identify you - for example, a copy of your passport or driver's licence, original utility bills, and your Home Office reference number if you have one.

I SENT THEM ALL THIS and they returned my application saying that I didn’t provide signed authority for myself.
All these documents: copy of passport, copy of visa, original bill, postal order … They all have my name on it. I applied for myself. And they ask me for signed authority for myself!!

WHY I AM SCARED??

If they are not capable of just proceed with one simple Subject Access Request what will happen when I apply for my visa extension? Should I give up and go back home?

They are just very good in charging 1000 pounds for visa extension. 1000 pounds is someone’s salary in this country and that person work whole month for those 1000 pounds. They charge for 15 min job 1000 pounds (no other EU country charges that much – not even USA) and people would not complain if they do their job properly.

manuelaux

Post by manuelaux » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:36 pm

And I hope that more East European people will come to this country and asylum seekers.

This country treat you as a scam if you are “high potential migrant” and come here do good job and pay high tax.

But if you come here from some East EU country living on benefits that you are welcome, they give you house, pay your bills and give you money … You don’t have to do anything.

Even better if you are asylum seeker (who can prove if you are legitime seeker or not) WELCOME – please take our tax money!

But if you are poof “high potential” than you have to work as slave and pay expensive UKBA services!

I will not extend my visa. Last day I will just come to border and ask for asylum – aaaaaa, someone wants to kill me in my country … aaaa … help!

Probably I will have more rights then now as fancy HIGH POTENTIAL MIGRANT wow.

sts96508
Member of Standing

Re: I am scared of UKBA

Post by sts96508 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:32 pm

manuelaux wrote:I am scared of UKBA

Dear all,

I must admit that I am scared of UKBA

Whatever I try to do with them, whenever I contact them whenever I get in touch wit them they do mistakes; provide wrong information, unable to do anything …

I have a feeling that UKBA is full of unqualified people that don’t do their job properly.

MY LAST EXPERIENCE:

• I made a Subject Access Request … I went to their site and it says please send: a cheque or postal order for £10, payable to 'The Home Office Accounting Officer'; and
• Sufficient personal information to enable us to uniquely identify you - for example, a copy of your passport or driver's licence, original utility bills, and your Home Office reference number if you have one.

I SENT THEM ALL THIS and they returned my application saying that I didn’t provide signed authority for myself.
All these documents: copy of passport, copy of visa, original bill, postal order … They all have my name on it. I applied for myself. And they ask me for signed authority for myself!!

WHY I AM SCARED??

If they are not capable of just proceed with one simple Subject Access Request what will happen when I apply for my visa extension? Should I give up and go back home?

They are just very good in charging 1000 pounds for visa extension. 1000 pounds is someone’s salary in this country and that person work whole month for those 1000 pounds. They charge for 15 min job 1000 pounds (no other EU country charges that much – not even USA) and people would not complain if they do their job properly.
Make a complaint, no use cribbing about inefficiency, you get that in every country inhabited by humans :-)

Making a complaint
If you are not satisfied with the response to your SAR, you can seek an independent review by writing to:

The Deputy Director
UK Border Agency
11th Floor, Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road
Croydon
CR9 2BY

Please state when and to whom your original request was made.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:01 am

did you include a covering letter requesting for subject access information along with the payment and supporting documents?

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:06 am

A covering letter with your signature?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

manuelaux

Post by manuelaux » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:42 pm

I included covering letter even though they don’t say that you HAVE to include one … or sign it.

I have sent complaint to the deputy director today …

In the letter they returned to me they clearly said that my application is rejected as I didn’t included signed authority for a legal representative!

Well, complaint is now sent to the deputy director.

Is that right way to do it or shouldn’t I have sent that again to the application department?

Is this going now to prolong my application forever?

Aaaaaaaaaaaa

Drives me crazy …

JohnM

Post by JohnM » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:55 pm

Should I give up and go back home?
Yes, I believe you should. :)