ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help regarding british passport documents

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mrsi

Help regarding british passport documents

Post by mrsi » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:05 pm

Hi everyone .i have been invited on british citizenship cermoney this month .once i have done my cermoney i have already filled my application form and going to get it tested after cermoney i need to know do i have to only send my passport on which i entered in this country and naturalisation certificate to apply for british passport(as i was born outside uk )

my wife is british citizen and i have a daughter who is only 3 and was born in uk and i want to apply for her first passport too already filled her form too can anyone tell me which documents do i need to send with her application ?isit only her mothers original passport and her full birthcertificate ?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:39 am

The Passport guide has a nice table on page 14 which summarise it all.

For you: foreign passport, naturalisation certificate.

For your daughter: full UK birth certificate. There is no need to send her mother UK passport. Just put the mother's passport details in section 4 in the application.

mrsi

Post by mrsi » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:00 pm

Thanks jumbo for reply i appreciate however i still have few questions in the form
in section 4 its asking for parents details

i know my mothers details including date of birth
but my father died 16 years ago what shall i write with his name (Late)
in brackets and also i do not know his date of birth i know the year but none of us remember the date he was born on what are we suppose to write ? i didnt write anything when i applied for naturalisation as i wrote not sure there and late along with his name ?

also in the same section beneath these details it says
if both parents name above were born after 31 dec 1982 or were born abroad we wil also need the ful name town country date of birth and date of marriage of your grandparents (or details ofyour parent,s claim to be british nationality)
write these details in section8 or on a seprate sheet of paper

now since my parents were born abroad so do i have to provide my grandparents details along with their marriage dates as my grand parents passed aswell and i do not have these dates with me ?

any help is much appreciated thankyou

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:39 pm

This section is used to determine the claim for BC of the child. As the father is not British, his family tree details are irrelevant. As the mother is naturalised, her family tree is also not really relevant.
If you apply by PO C&S, they might insist you fill in those details although they are not needed. You can write in section 8: mother naturalised as BC on [date].

mrsi

Post by mrsi » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:50 pm

Jambo wrote:This section is used to determine the claim for BC of the child. As the father is not British, his family tree details are irrelevant. As the mother is naturalised, her family tree is also not really relevant.
If you apply by PO C&S, they might insist you fill in those details although they are not needed. You can write in section 8: mother naturalised as BC on [date].
My father born in pakistan and my mother also born there and she hasnt got naturalisation so what do i write in section 8 ? as i have naturalisation myself

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:07 pm

Sorry. I was thinking you are asking about the child application. Not yours.

For you (the yet to be British), see Q1 in FAQ - most common questions - passport.
As you will be naturalised, parents details are less important. You can write unknown if you don't know.

mrsi

Post by mrsi » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:37 pm

Jambo wrote:Sorry. I was thinking you are asking about the child application. Not yours.

For you (the yet to be British), see Q1 in FAQ - most common questions - passport.
As you will be naturalised, parents details are less important. You can write unknown if you don't know.
Thankyou very much jumbo you have been a great help yes i was asking about myself

as far as my daugther is concerened my wife is british citizen and my daughter was born british but its her first passport so isit important in her case aswell giving grandparents details or if not known i can write unknown and as you told me i will be only sending her full birthceritificate along with detailes abt her mothers british passport on section 4
thanks

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:57 pm

For that see my previous (confusing) answer. Basically as the mother is British following naturalisation (correct me if I'm wrong) her family tree is not relevant. Just add in section 8: mother naturalised as British on [date].

mrsi

Post by mrsi » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:05 pm

Jambo wrote:For that see my previous (confusing) answer. Basically as the mother is British following naturalisation (correct me if I'm wrong) her family tree is not relevant. Just add in section 8: mother naturalised as British on [date].
thankyou jumbo for helping basically her mother is born british because her father is british and she was born british so does that mean shes naturalised british? and i can write what you mentioned in your previous post about mother naturalised as british

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:18 pm

Sorry. I keep confusing you here.

I thought that your wife applied for BC (naturalisation) which she obviously did not as she was born British. In this case, if she was born abroad or after 1983, she will need to add her parents details in section 8. Your parents details are not required.

mrsi

Post by mrsi » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:55 am

Jambo wrote:Sorry. I keep confusing you here.

I thought that your wife applied for BC (naturalisation) which she obviously did not as she was born British. In this case, if she was born abroad or after 1983, she will need to add her parents details in section 8. Your parents details are not required.
thankyou jumbo you been a great help . ok with my application as i stated my father is passed away long time ago and i dont have his date of birth aswell can i write in section 8 that he is passed away and date of birth unknown or shall i write along with his name LATE and leave Date of birth empty that would help ?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:55 pm

mrsi wrote: thankyou jumbo you been a great help . ok with my application as i stated my father is passed away long time ago and i dont have his date of birth aswell can i write in section 8 that he is passed away and date of birth unknown or shall i write along with his name LATE and leave Date of birth empty that would help ?
Just write "unknown".
Don't worry too much about that. As your BC is not claimed through your parents, this section is less relevant (although you should fill it in as best as you can).

mrsi

Post by mrsi » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:20 pm

Jambo wrote:
mrsi wrote: thankyou jumbo you been a great help . ok with my application as i stated my father is passed away long time ago and i dont have his date of birth aswell can i write in section 8 that he is passed away and date of birth unknown or shall i write along with his name LATE and leave Date of birth empty that would help ?
Just write "unknown".
Don't worry too much about that. As your BC is not claimed through your parents, this section is less relevant (although you should fill it in as best as you can).
thankyou so much jambo for the help i appreciate it

mrsi

Post by mrsi » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:11 pm

Hi can anyone please tell me i have countersignature from a mortgage ltd directore who is a family friend and know me for 3 years so i have got my form for passport tested from him is that fine ? thankyou

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:40 pm

Assuming he holds a valid British (or Irish) passport, you should be fine.

mrsi

Post by mrsi » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:54 pm

Jambo wrote:Assuming he holds a valid British (or Irish) passport, you should be fine.
jambo thankyou very much for your great help through out this process and yes he is british citizen and also do i need to know his date of birth as its not mentioned in the form about his date of birth but just because i have read in few threads they might ask questions about your countersignature s age etc in identity interview so do i need to know about his age etc