ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does a small wedding ceremony work against you?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Camille1
Newly Registered

Does a small wedding ceremony work against you?

Post by Camille1 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:43 pm

Hello everyone,

With the need for wedding pictures , pictures of wedding guests, sample wedding cards, ring and dress receipts etc - does having a small wedding where there's a couple of witnesses work against a spouse visa application?

Can the ECO use this as basis of refusal that there were no friends/ family at the wedding?

pennylessinindia

Post by pennylessinindia » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:22 pm

Camille1 wrote:hello,

i am taking my life in the uk test on jan 22 and hope to get my british citizenship this year. daughter #1 is 19 and daughter #2 is 21. both currently residing with me in england.
What happened to your British citizenship? or is this for one of your children?

marriages can be small but must be genuine
pennyless

Camille1
Newly Registered

Post by Camille1 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:37 pm

Nothing happened to it. Asking on behalf of someone

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:00 pm

And this post in December.

My boyfriend is in uk and holds a blue refugee travel document. He is originally from Zimbabwe. I am also Zimbabwean currently studying in Singapore. We would like to settle in uk together.

Was this also on behalf of someone?

Camille1
Newly Registered

Post by Camille1 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:09 pm

That was my daughter posting in her own words

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:30 am

One individual - one login ID - one immigration history.
When asking on behalf of someone, please say so ..... eliminates confusion as is evident in this topic.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

cherryplum

Post by cherryplum » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:48 am

To answer original question as I don't really spend enough time to know who is who and who said what.... My husband and I had a small wedding, there was no way we could have afforded anything more than the registry office and 5 guests, my sis, brothe
r in law, and 3 of my husband's friends. He wore his suit and I had
a discount dress from Monsoon. We never had to supply photos and didn't even have invitations so couldn't have supplied that. We applied for the spouse visa that same day via post and 3 weeks later it was granted. We did save up eventually for the day we never had and had a blessing and reception in full wedding style 3 years later and had 75 guests.

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:51 am

I had a small wedding, with only my son from 'my side of family' present. No invitations, all wedding attire from Ebay, and no cake or reception. We simply could not afford it. We will explain this in our supporting letters.