ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appeal chance on rejection of Tier-1 ext.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

double_trouble
Newly Registered

Appeal chance on rejection of Tier-1 ext.

Post by double_trouble » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:51 pm

hello All,
I am going to extend my Tier-1 for 2years in March but my current Tier-1 doesn't expire untill May 2012.I am going to finish my 5 years in may but because of my personal issue i am going to extend my Tier-1. i want to know following thing.
1. Can home office refuse my visa if i apply Only because i apply for extention 56 days before the expiry of my current visa
2.if i get rejection, will i get a chance for an appeal? or UKBA won't give me a chance because i would have my current visa valid at the time of rejection? i read about something on this law few months ago. please advice me if you know anything about this.
thanks,

thebionicredneck2003
Member of Standing

Post by thebionicredneck2003 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:51 pm

Hi,

1. Regardless of when you choose to extend your visa, Home Office will only refuse your application if you don't get the required points you need to qualify. If you get the required points, it will be granted.

2. If you have leave to remain and you get rejected, you will not get the right to appeal as you still have leave to remain.

Kind Regards

double_trouble
Newly Registered

Post by double_trouble » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:11 am

thanks thebionicredneck2003,
what if i post my application and i assume it take atleast 2-3 months to get passport back and my current visa would expire by the time i recieve my passport back. would this situation give me a chance for an appeal.
thanks,

thebionicredneck2003
Member of Standing

Post by thebionicredneck2003 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:32 am

Hi,

First of all, it is not a good idea to apply just for the sake of getting an appeal. You should apply when you are sure that you meet the required points to qualify.

That being said, if you apply and are unsuccessful and you receive your documents after your visa expiry date, you will be given the right to appeal the decision.

Kind Regards