ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Claiming points for institution..

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tusher31
Newly Registered

Claiming points for institution..

Post by tusher31 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:54 pm

hi guys, i am currently studying a Bachelor Degree off-campus, my awarding university is a Scottish university named heriot-watt, i'l be graduated by July but its going to be too late for psw, i have learnt from the ukba psw guidance that you can claim points for a HND from a Scottish university afterward i have contacted my university directly and ask for a HND certificate because i have already got 240 credits and i am eligible for the qualification, they have accepted my application and decided to award me on 29th February, i have also asked for a letter stating my name,title of qualification,start and end date and also confirming that its a HND qualification as the HO requires, and my university has decided to provide the letter as well along with the certificate. My question is ''yeah my qualification will be in HND level and the awarding body is a Scottish institution but i have studied for the qualification off campus which is not a Scottish institution just a approved learning partner, so can i apply for psw??? please someone help me out!!!!! :|

derlin

Re: Claiming points for institution..

Post by derlin » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:00 pm

tusher31 wrote:hi guys, i am currently studying a Bachelor Degree off-campus, my awarding university is a Scottish university named heriot-watt, i'l be graduated by July but its going to be too late for psw, i have learnt from the ukba psw guidance that you can claim points for a HND from a Scottish university afterward i have contacted my university directly and ask for a HND certificate because i have already got 240 credits and i am eligible for the qualification, they have accepted my application and decided to award me on 29th February, i have also asked for a letter stating my name,title of qualification,start and end date and also confirming that its a HND qualification as the HO requires, and my university has decided to provide the letter as well along with the certificate. My question is ''yeah my qualification will be in HND level and the awarding body is a Scottish institution but i have studied for the qualification off campus which is not a Scottish institution just a approved learning partner, so can i apply for psw??? please someone help me out!!!!! :|
As long you studied fulltime, and the HND is awarded by Heriot-Watt, you should be fine.

tusher31
Newly Registered

Post by tusher31 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:56 pm

Hi derlin! thanks for replying. so in my psw application form, in institution name section shall i write my university name or the college where i have been studying for the HND??

derlin

Post by derlin » Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:38 am

tusher31 wrote:Hi derlin! thanks for replying. so in my psw application form, in institution name section shall i write my university name or the college where i have been studying for the HND??
College.

dhirja
United Kingdom

regd: PSW

Post by dhirja » Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:22 pm

hello everyone....

I have been inspired by all the posts...and also looking answer for my query..

I am an MBA student did passed all my exams in October, however after that my college got suspended and in early January filed for liquidation. But meanwhile on 07th Feb 2012 I did submit my dissertation to the college/ institution and on 14th Feb 2012 got to know that my institution has been finally closed. And got the email from university that I will get my dissertation result in next 04 week time.

However I am bit worried that would I be eligible to get PSW..

Kindly suggest...

derlin

Re: regd: PSW

Post by derlin » Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:16 pm

dhirja wrote:hello everyone....

I am an MBA student did passed all my exams in October, however after that my college got suspended and in early January filed for liquidation. But meanwhile on 07th Feb 2012 I did submit my dissertation to the college/ institution and on 14th Feb 2012 got to know that my institution has been finally closed. And got the email from university that I will get my dissertation result in next 04 week time.

Kindly suggest...
You are relatively safe as the university recognizes you studied on their MBA programme. Once the university issues your MBA award, you should be fine as the liquidation of your college is no fault of yours. You should obtain a letter from the liquidated college to confirm you were a student prior to its liquidation. This letter should accompany your PSW application form.

dhirja
United Kingdom

Re: regd: PSW

Post by dhirja » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:35 am

derlin wrote:
dhirja wrote:hello everyone....

Kindly suggest...
You are relatively safe as the university recognizes you studied on their MBA programme. Once the university issues your MBA award, you should be fine as the liquidation of your college is no fault of yours. You should obtain a letter from the liquidated college to confirm you were a student prior to its liquidation. This letter should accompany your PSW application form.

Thanks for the advise but another question that my college is closed now and they won't be able to provide any letter so what should i do in that case....

RandomPasserby
Newly Registered

Post by RandomPasserby » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:17 pm

If they can't provide a letter, do you at least have your original graduation certificate from the institution? If yes, you can apply. If no, can you get one? If no again, then unfortunately you cannot apply for a PSW.

dhirja
United Kingdom

Post by dhirja » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:07 pm

RandomPasserby wrote:If they can't provide a letter, do you at least have your original graduation certificate from the institution? If yes, you can apply. If no, can you get one? If no again, then unfortunately you cannot apply for a PSW.
Hi all i have got is the transcript and the dissertation submission letter from the institution...will that be enough...

derlin

Post by derlin » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:03 pm

dhirja wrote:
RandomPasserby wrote:If they can't provide a letter, do you at least have your original graduation certificate from the institution? If yes, you can apply. If no, can you get one? If no again, then unfortunately you cannot apply for a PSW.
Hi all i have got is the transcript and the dissertation submission letter from the institution...will that be enough...
Your transcript and dissertation submission letter are not sufficient proof of completion of studies and grant of award. Without an official letter by the university confirming grant of award, the chances of PSW grant are slim.