ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 G – Extension- Applying 1month and 15 days in advance

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

masif
Newly Registered

Tier1 G – Extension- Applying 1month and 15 days in advance

Post by masif » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:31 pm

Hi Guys

UKBA has proposed a fee change from April 2012. I was thinking if I can apply in advance to avoid the new fee. I hope someone can advice me on this.

Brief History
I changed my Visa to Tier 1 G from PSW on 13 May 2010. My wife joined me in UK as dependant on 1st May 2011. Our current leave will expire on 13 May 2012.

Now here are few questions

1 – Can we apply for our tier1 G extension on Let say 27th March 2012 or 30th March 2012 (1month and 15 days) to avoid fee change?

2 – My Wife joined me on 1st May 2011. How much funds do we need to have in the bank?

Although I am in the UK for more than One year now I believe we need to show 800 (me) + 533 (Dependant). They consider the main applicant’s stay not the Dependant's? Please correct me if I am wrong.

With regards to the shortfall I might have for ILR due to early extension I don’t think UKBA will process and take decision on my application before 13th May 2012. As the current process seems to take 7 – 8 weeks.

Thanks In advance

Asif

ashehzi

Post by ashehzi » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:08 pm

Hi Asif,

I have more or less the same concern. My current visa is expiring on 01-Jun-12 and I also planning to apply by end of March or start of April, just before new fees come into force on 06-Apr-2012. The reason is obvious. I have to apply for myself, and two dependants. That means adding a cost of 1000£ to the application fees, which normally in just short notice isn't easy for everyone, keeping in view you don't let your account drop beyond a limit.

For Maintenance funds, like your case, I am here too for more than year and my family joined me in first week of Jun-11. I need to have atleast 800 + 533 x 2 = 1866£ in my bank account for atleast 90 days. In your case, it would be 1333£.

warm regards

masif
Newly Registered

Post by masif » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:05 pm

Thank you for your response.

I was thinking if someone who has made early extension is the Past can share the experience, It would be very helpful.

While I was reading the Tier 1 G guidance, i noticed that
"45. We encourage applications to be made at least a month before the applicant’s extant (still existing) leave expires. Applicants should note however that if the application is made significantly earlier than one month before the expiry of their leave, there is a risk of a shortfall in the required period of leave should they subsequently make an application for settlement."
If someone can shed light on significantly earlier. Does it mean 2 months 3 months 6 months etc.

Thanks

aosun007

Post by aosun007 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:48 pm

I will give you honest advice.
When you make application,please use cheque instead of card before April 6.
before they will send biometric appointment to you,the money has to be cleared.
It will be after your biometric has been taken that they will start deciding your application.
You have 15 working days to book an appointment for biometric appointment. When booking,dont book in time..delay it till after 7 days.then pick like 3 to 4 weeks on the day of booking for your biometric appointment because you will decide when convenient for you.
I believe you will escape the increment in fees

masif
Newly Registered

Post by masif » Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:09 pm

Thank you for your advice, I will try to delay the Biometrics appointment as much as I can.

supernova

Post by supernova » Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:03 pm

Hi Asif,

My current leave was expiring on 25th March 2012 and I had applied via PEO Premium apointment on 20th Jan. That's more than 2 months in advance and got the extension without any problem.

One of my friend's current leave is expiring in end of April and he applied for his extension on 16th Feb (again via PEO).

Maintenance funds are calculated based on length of stay of main applicant only.

masif
Newly Registered

Post by masif » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:46 pm

Thank you for your response, such a relief. I was thinking if someone who has made early extension in past share his/her experience would be more beneficial and there you are.

Thank You supernova.

supernova

Post by supernova » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:48 pm

You are welcome asif..

Good luck with your application!

shahjee11

Post by shahjee11 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:46 pm

aosun007 wrote:I will give you honest advice.
When you make application,please use cheque instead of card before April 6.
before they will send biometric appointment to you,the money has to be cleared.
It will be after your biometric has been taken that they will start deciding your application.
You have 15 working days to book an appointment for biometric appointment. When booking,dont book in time..delay it till after 7 days.then pick like 3 to 4 weeks on the day of booking for your biometric appointment because you will decide when convenient for you.
I believe you will escape the increment in fees
This is an experienced advice. Many thanks for sharing such a nice tip. Much appreciated.