ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PEO appointment and dependents

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hass

PEO appointment and dependents

Post by hass » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:22 am

Hi,

Booked a PEO appointment for ILR JR application. Do I need to take dependents with me as the information on the booking screen said. As I am aware for ILR dependent presence not required.

Regards

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:19 am

Dependants don’t need to go with you if you are going before 29th of Feb 2012.

But if your appointment is on or after 29th Feb, you need to take all dependants in your application for Biometrics.

hass

Post by hass » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:50 pm

Thanks Linkers,

I have today checked with UKBA helpline for the bio metric, and they have confirmed they have not got any instructions for biometric ILR. I referred the information from UKBA website :
Biometric residence permits are being introduced for more immigration categories

14 February 2012

From Wednesday 29 February, all applicants in the UK will need to obtain a biometric residence permit if they are applying to stay here for more than 6 months. This includes applicants for permission to settle here (known as 'indefinite leave to remain').

To obtain a permit, applicants will need to enrol their biometric information (fingerprints and facial image).

If you are applying in the UK on or after this date (whether applying by post, in person or online), you should use the correct application form. Please pay careful attention to the date shown on the cover of the application form.

If you are applying in person at one of our public enquiry offices under our premium service, and you have booked an appointment on or after 29 February, you must bring the correct form with you to avoid delay.

As they described this is only for catagories that would be eligible for settlement.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:01 pm

I think the people at helpline don’t know about it yet.