ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR DEPENDENTS PLEASE HELP ME

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rkk

ILR DEPENDENTS PLEASE HELP ME

Post by rkk » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:08 pm

Hi guys, can anybody help me with following question

--my ILR due in march 2012, currently I am on tier1 (general). I am recently married(4 months ago) my wife on dependent visa from last 3 months. can we both apply ILR together or do i need to wait her for 2 yrs(for my fife ILR).

--I want yo clarify one ore thing. my wife before dependent visa she was on post-study work here in UK

--Please help me

barker

Post by barker » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:15 pm

You wife will need to have spent 2 years in the UK as your dependent before she can apply for ILR. Her period of stay under PSW does not count towards the 2 year period.

rkk

Post by rkk » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:22 pm

barker wrote:You wife will need to have spent 2 years in the UK as your dependent before she can apply for ILR. Her period of stay under PSW does not count towards the 2 year period.

hi, thanks for the reply...so she is not eligible for irl now ..but wt kind of visa she needs to apply...

rkk

Post by rkk » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:30 pm

hi please I am waiting for the reply

thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:11 pm

If she has been living with you in the UK for at least 2 years, then yes. Else, she may apply for FLR(M) before her leave expires.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

rkk

Post by rkk » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:17 pm

vinny wrote:If she has been living with you in the UK for at least 2 years, then yes. Else, she may apply for FLR(M) before her leave expires.
hi vinny, thanks for the reply..she is living here for 4 yrs(student+PSW) bt as a dependent from 3 months+...does she eligible for ILR if not my ILR is dur in may 2012. how can we both apply different visas(for me ILR and for her VLR-M) at a time..please help me with this.....

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:24 pm

Do you have proof that she was living with you in the UK for at least 2 years? Click on links for more info.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

rkk

Post by rkk » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:28 pm

vinny wrote:Do you have proof that she was living with you in the UK for at least 2 years? Click on links for more info.
hi vinny, thank for the reply

I din't get link from ur reply..please send me once again

and wt kind of proof they want..we married here in UK in the month of june2011. got marriage certificate

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:32 pm

rkk

Post by rkk » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:51 pm

vinny wrote:
hi vinny, wt exactly documents required for unmarried partners. in the link i can't find exact proof of documents...can u please explain bit more if u dont mind...thanks for ur potions ...

rkk

Post by rkk » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:33 pm

hi vinny I am waiting for the reply....thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:14 pm

Section 11, Note 8.

rkk

Post by rkk » Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:00 pm

vinny wrote:Section 11, Note 8.
hi vinny,

thanks for the reply..I am going through it