ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Online appointment

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Lwilto
Newly Registered

Online appointment

Post by Lwilto » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:02 pm

Hi everyone out there,

Hoping someone will be able to privde some assitance.

I am trying to book my 'applying in person' appointment online for the Tier 1 (General) visa. I have registered and then moved onto the next screen where you enter details for your location, and dates avaliable.

My problem is that no matter what location, or what dates I choose, it returns the message that 'no appointments are avaliable'. I have tried every location, and every date over the next 3 months (or whatever the limit) is, and still get no response.

Surely, it is not because every appointment is booked out?

Any thoughts?

village

Post by village » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:07 pm

Means there are no Appointments for that dates...try...midnight 11 to 1 ....

aj80
Newly Registered

similiar experience

Post by aj80 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:10 pm

I am faced with similiar experience. I hope many people wishing to get an appointment on their own from ukba website are disappointed with consistent message shown up as "appointment not available for dates selected".
There are rumours from friend's circle to watch out their website on this day of a week (not a consistent rumour though) as the window period when ukba release appointments.

But UKBA (over phone) mentioned the appointments are online and will be available as slot become available.

There is no clear information and it's hard to believe that appointments are not available even for a future period at all locations!!

Lwilto
Newly Registered

Post by Lwilto » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:01 am

I just read that it states 'You should not book an appointment unless you have already submitted an application and you have been informed that your service requires an appointment'.

Do we need to submit some sort of application form for the Tier 1 (General) visa, before we can book to apply in person?

Thanks

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:40 pm

Lwilto wrote:I just read that it states 'You should not book an appointment unless you have already submitted an application and you have been informed that your service requires an appointment'.

Do we need to submit some sort of application form for the Tier 1 (General) visa, before we can book to apply in person?

Thanks
that is because you have selected 'no' for premium appointment. If you select yes for premium appointment, and there are no appointments, then that means, there are no appointments. Slots are only released 6 weeks in advance.