ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Married in Finland-How to Register the marriage in Turkey?

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Alex
Newly Registered

Married in Finland-How to Register the marriage in Turkey?

Post by Alex » Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:53 pm

Dear Friends!

We are just married during our Holiday in Finland.
We are a Turkish man and a Finnish woman.
Our official wedding certificate is in English and Turkish.

We want to go back to Turkey and register our relationship offically there.
And live there..

How this happens?and what kind of documents are required?

I really apreciate your answer..

Thank you,

Alex

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:23 pm

We want to go back to Turkey and register our relationship offically there.
I have absolutely no idea about Turkish marriage law but wonder whether you need to register the marriage in Turkey to be considered legally married there?

For example, here in the UK, we recognise every marriage that happens outside the UK which is recognised as a legal marriage in the country in which it takes place. Does Turkey have a similar provision in its law?

And your Finnish wife will need a visa to live in Turkey with you?
John

dnt
Newly Registered

Post by dnt » Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:11 pm

Hello,
Congrats on your marriage. If the Turkish spouse is currently living in Finland, then you can go to the nearest Turkish embassy that serves the Finland area as well and pay a certain fee and provide some documentation and the embassy will send your info to Turkey and your marriage will be registered there.
Maybe you can even do it this way even if the Turkish spouse does not live in Finland. To do this go to www.e-konsolosluk.net and go on "evlilik" and then "evlilik tescili". There is an English version too.

Or else, you should go to the Nufus Dairesi/Mudurlugu the Turkish spouse is registered at and provide some docs like your marriage certificate.

If the marriage certificate is in Turkish, does that mean you guys got married at the embassy? If so, that embassy should be able to help you with registering your marriage.

I am looking into the residence requirements myself so if I see anything useful, I will let you know. In any case, the Finnish spouse need a visa to reside in Turkey. Again the above website and the nearest embassy can help you with that.

All the best.
DnT