ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank statement confusion

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sheraz_aries
Member of Standing

Bank statement confusion

Post by sheraz_aries » Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:39 pm

I am going to file Tier 1 General extension application along with my wife as Dependent application same time.

On Dependent form its also mentioned that she need to show maintenance,

Me(Main Applicant) Being the Sponsor for her(dependent) as well as myself,

How can i use the same Original bank statements for both applications same time (as both Main applicant + Dependent applying at same time)?
Many Thanks

params0073
United Kingdom

Post by params0073 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:46 pm

Yes you can.

sheraz_aries
Member of Standing

Post by sheraz_aries » Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:48 pm

params0073 wrote:Yes you can.
Thanks for your reply but could you please explain?
Many Thanks

params0073
United Kingdom

Post by params0073 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:04 pm

I applied for me and my wife’s visa(2nd feb 2012) as she is housewife so i was her sponsor. So i showed my funds (bank statement) for both extensions. You need to sign section 5 in dependents form:-

SECTION 5 - CONSENT TO BE GIVEN TO UKBA BEFORE REQUESTS FOR VERIFICATION ARE SENT TO THE BANK

sheraz_aries
Member of Standing

Post by sheraz_aries » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:10 pm

params0073 wrote:I applied for me and my wife’s visa(2nd feb 2012) as she is housewife so i was her sponsor. So i showed my funds (bank statement) for both extensions. You need to sign section 5 in dependents form:-

SECTION 5 - CONSENT TO BE GIVEN TO UKBA BEFORE REQUESTS FOR VERIFICATION ARE SENT TO THE BANK
But that declaration is missing in the new version of the dependent form

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ation1.pdf
Many Thanks

ldbright

Post by ldbright » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:03 pm

I have the same concern as it seems that the new form is implying the the dependant need to provide maintenance found of their own.

Hope some senior members can clarify.

params0073
United Kingdom

Post by params0073 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:13 pm

N1. The level of funds you must have access to depends on the length of time the main applicant has been in the UK.

So that mean main applicant can show his/her funds for dependent.

Hope this helps.

Param
Last edited by params0073 on Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ldbright

Post by ldbright » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:27 pm

params0073 wrote:N1. The level of funds you must have access to depends on the length of time the main applicant has been in the UK.

So that mean main applicant can show his/her funds for dependent.

Hope this helps.

Param
My understanding is that 'the main applicant' in above sentence is used to define the level of funds the dependant need to meet and it is irrelevant to the question of whether the dependant need to show his/her own bank statement.

sheraz_aries
Member of Standing

Re: Bank statement confusion

Post by sheraz_aries » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:09 am

sheraz_aries wrote:I am going to file Tier 1 General extension application along with my wife as Dependent application same time.

How can i use the same Original bank statements for both applications same time (as both Main applicant + Dependent applying at same time)?
Any body?
Many Thanks

razian97
United Kingdom

Re: Bank statement confusion

Post by razian97 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:23 pm

sheraz_aries wrote:
sheraz_aries wrote:I am going to file Tier 1 General extension application along with my wife as Dependent application same time.

Any body?
main applicant can use the same bank statement for himself and dependants.it is clearly mentioned in ukba guidance book and application form. I sent my application last week for tier1 general extension with 2 dependants and provided mine bank statement only.
earlier on , I applied for tier1 dependant visa in 2011 and provided my bank statement as a sponsor.my family visa was approved.

mantasingh

Post by mantasingh » Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:10 pm

I don't understand, why people make unnecessary panic around.

in new version, it says at N3.

n3. Please provide evidence that you have has access to available funds in order to support yourself. Funds may be in your name or that of the main applicant. Please tick the relevant box(es) to indicate the evidence supplied

What more you want?

ScopeD
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ScopeD » Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:19 pm

mantasingh wrote:I don't understand, why people make unnecessary panic around.

n3. Please provide evidence that you have has access to available funds in order to support yourself. Funds may be in your name or that of the main applicant. Please tick the relevant box(es) to indicate the evidence supplied

What more you want?
I thought so too, it just looked obvious when i read N3 but alas... It disappoints me when clear information is completely disregarded. Perhaps this is the very reason why the UKBA introduced the English Language requirement into the schemes, because people couldn't be bothered to read the rules properly. People simply can't be bothered to read the black and white print. :x :x :x :x :x

razian97
United Kingdom

Post by razian97 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:42 pm

ScopeD wrote:
mantasingh wrote:I don't understand, why people make unnecessary panic around.

What more you want?
I thought so too, it just looked obvious when i read N3 but alas... It disappoints me when clear information is completely disregarded. Perhaps this is the very reason why the UKBA introduced the English Language requirement into the schemes, because people couldn't be bothered to read the rules properly. People simply can't be bothered to read the black and white print. :x :x :x :x :x
Absolutely right,due to unnecessary questions even UKBA has changed there website ,contents,text and made it very easy,clear to understand.but still we don't understand.we provide unnecessary documents,evidences and explanations with applications that make them angry and panic.