ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mother Visa Reject - on grounds of Deception (10 year Ban)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shoei13
Newly Registered

Mother Visa Reject - on grounds of Deception (10 year Ban)

Post by shoei13 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:16 am

Hi There,
I have very unusual type of case. My mother applied for 6 months UK visit visa 2 years back and her application was refused on the basis of lack of evidence of funds but i logded an appeal and i won the appeal and she visited me in december 2010 - may 2011. and went back.

I applied for her 2 years family visitor visa this january and it was refused on the basis of deception. The reason they mention was SHE CLAIMED she is my mother and it was verified from Govt authorities in Pakistan and they say she is not my mother. It was purely the case of mistake by pakistani authorities.

The case worker gave her right to appeal and i want to appeal against the decision but i want to know if anyone on this fourm can help me in this regard.

What documentary evidence i should provide to verify. In application i put the birth certificate (translated and attested) but case worker didnt considered it.

When i first came to UK as student. My mother actually sponsored me at that time. I have an affidavit of that with me too.

I am really confused. Please help me out.

regards,

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:56 am

Get the Pakistan Government to reconfirm that she is your mother. DNA tests may help too.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Post by Mr Rusty » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:52 am

I don't understand this - why did the ECO ("the caseworker") have cause to query the relationship with the Pakistani authorities? Is this normal? You say the birth certificate was "not considered", but it seems to me much more likely that it was looked at and thought to be suspect in some way. It might help if you were able to post the exact wording of the reasons for refusal letter.
As Vinny suggests, a DNA test would put the matter beyond doubt, and if it could be done quickly you might be able to get the decision changed on a reconsideration by the Entry Clearance Manager.