ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Returning of Original Documents from UKBA

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

joy2006

Returning of Original Documents from UKBA

Post by joy2006 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:27 am

Hi,

I have been reading all messages on this board but not come across the one am enquiring about so just wanted to know if someone out there has been through the same situation. I applied for my PR on 03/01/2012 and got Confirmation of Application on 18/01/2012. However now my sponser (father) wants his passport returned because he wants to travel in the coming weeks. Now my question is; if I request for his Passport (PP) back, will this delay my application or will they request for the PP again if he comes back from his travel? Unfortunately I have called the number for UKBA but cannot get through to speak to anyone regarding this matter. Please help anyone......

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:14 am

See How can you get your passport back from the UK Border Agency if you need to travel? at the bottom of that page.

It will not affect your application and most likely they will not need to see the EEA passport again.

cutepearl

Re: Returning of Original Documents from UKBA

Post by cutepearl » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:50 am

joy2006 wrote:Hi,

I have been reading all messages on this board but not come across the one am enquiring about so just wanted to know if someone out there has been through the same situation. I applied for my PR on 03/01/2012 and got Confirmation of Application on 18/01/2012. However now my sponser (father) wants his passport returned because he wants to travel in the coming weeks. Now my question is; if I request for his Passport (PP) back, will this delay my application or will they request for the PP again if he comes back from his travel? Unfortunately I have called the number for UKBA but cannot get through to speak to anyone regarding this matter. Please help anyone......

No it will not delay your application. I did the same applied on the 20th January and requested the sponsor passport on 6th February and was granted eea3 PR and passport returned next week. Now only waiting for eea4 passport. Good luck.

joy2006

Re: Returning of Original Documents from UKBA

Post by joy2006 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:00 am

cutepearl wrote:
joy2006 wrote:Hi,

No it will not delay your application. I did the same applied on the 20th January and requested the sponsor passport on 6th February and was granted eea3 PR and passport returned next week. Now only waiting for eea4 passport. Good luck.
Last edited by joy2006 on Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

joy2006

Requesting for Documents back from UKBA

Post by joy2006 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:52 pm

Thanks Cutepearl for the quick response, can I ask how you did it, did you send them an email, letter or phoned them? And wat did you exactly say, that your sponser was going to travel? Because my father doesnt require to travel but wants his PP for personal reasons so I am just thinking how to phrase to the HO. Thanks