ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How long between bank statement date and application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

atucker
Newly Registered

How long between bank statement date and application

Post by atucker » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:44 am

Hi there,

My wife is to return to Japan on the 20th of Match to apply for her spouse visa to the UK.

I have my bank statements delivered on the 15th of every month which she will be taking back with her.

What would people recommend as the latest time to apply for her visa?

I am only concerned as the time it would take to keep sending original documents over to Japan in line with the application time?

How stringent are the time frames?

Many thanks for your advice people!

Amrit4386

Post by Amrit4386 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:22 pm

i applied for the spouse visa in india on nov 9th, my last bank statement was from sept

atucker
Newly Registered

Post by atucker » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:00 pm

So they do not take exact dates into consideration?

Any March bank statement will be ok as long as my wife applies in April?

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:58 am

In certain countries they want the bank statement to be no more than 4 weeks old at time of handling application

theboycj1
Newly Registered

Time wait on Visa?

Post by theboycj1 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:52 pm

This information is helpful, my last bank statements are from 27th Jan and my last payslip and salary going in was on this date too.

The problem is that my wife, who is Serbian, is debating whether to put the application in over the next few days or wait until I have another bank statement and salary in to submit the application?

Do you have any advice?

In addition she was previously with me here in the UK on a tourist visa and spent 4 months with me? This is also reflected in my bank statements...How should I put this across in the covering letter and evidence?

Please do let me know.

Rgds