ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

65 days short for qualifying period

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

abykurian
Newly Registered

65 days short for qualifying period

Post by abykurian » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:54 am

Hi,
I came to UK on WP on 9th March 2008, Got a Tier2 visa, which is valid till 4th Jan 2013. I will be only eligible for ILR on 9 th March2013. Is there any way to apply for ILR without renewing Tier2 visa?. My employer is not willing to renew it.

Any information's welcome

thanks in advance

Aby

:? :? :?

mailppk

Post by mailppk » Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:20 pm

Hi,
u can apply 28 days before expiry.
suppose u have come upto 3months from stamping, HO will also add the 3 months to the qualifying period.

genorp

Post by genorp » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:52 pm

They'll consider 3 months if you entered within 3 months of your entry clearance.
Another issue is your employer. They must provide a letter stating that they still require you as an employee. If they aren't willing to renew are they willing to keep you on?

abykurian
Newly Registered

Post by abykurian » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:04 pm

genorp wrote:They'll consider 3 months if you entered within 3 months of your entry clearance.
Another issue is your employer. They must provide a letter stating that they still require you as an employee. If they aren't willing to renew are they willing to keep you on?
Thanks for the reply, bit of relief. My employer is ok for the letter the only problem they have is policy change in the head office regarding visas.

thanks again for the replies

aby