ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marrying Stamp 4 holder

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aviatorface
Newly Registered

Marrying Stamp 4 holder

Post by aviatorface » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:10 am

My Fiancé has been living & Working in Ireland since 2005; she is from the visa required country, currently she holds Stamp 4 & has applied for Irish passport (in Sep2011) months ago, she is expecting her passport anytime soon. We would like to get married in another 4-6 months. I will be moving to Ireland with her as a spouse.

My questions are

1) If we get married before she gets her Irish Passport (as I said we don’t have any updates on her passport application status), what Visa/Stamp type will I get? Is it Stamp 4 same as hers? Or just a Spousal Visa without Work Visa.

2) If she gets her Irish passport before we get married, in that case I will be marrying with an Irish Citizen and will I get Stamp 4 EUFAM? Or Stamp 4 only?

3) I know Irish Citizens can work in any EEA country without Residence & Work permit but Can I work in any EU country on 4EUFAM Stamp (I guess NO) or will I have to relocate to another EU country with my wife in the future to work in any EU countries and apply a work permit in that country for myself? (Reason, my job involves lot of travelling in EU countries; employers are also looking for EU passport holders due to traveling in EU)

4) How long does it take for me to get an Irish passport once I get married to my Irish Citizen?

I have been struggling to get all these info in just one website.I hope you experts could help and make me understand the rules and procedures.

Thanks in Advance

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:06 am

1) If we get married before she gets her Irish Passport (as I said we don’t have any updates on her passport application status), what Visa/Stamp type will I get? Is it Stamp 4 same as hers? Or just a Spousal Visa without Work Visa.
You will get stamp 1.

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Re ... ork_Permit

2) If she gets her Irish passport before we get married, in that case I will be marrying with an Irish Citizen and will I get Stamp 4 EUFAM? Or Stamp 4 only?
You will get stamp 4 only. (EUFAM4 in the case if your spouse would have been other EU citizen for e.g. a British citizen living/working in Ireland or an Irish citizen coming back from another EU jurisdiction after exercising her treaty rights there)

3) I know Irish Citizens can work in any EEA country without Residence & Work permit but Can I work in any EU country on 4EUFAM Stamp (I guess NO) or will I have to relocate to another EU country with my wife in the future to work in any EU countries and apply a work permit in that country for myself? (Reason, my job involves lot of travelling in EU countries; employers are also looking for EU passport holders due to traveling in EU)
If you have to relocate to another EU country you have to rely on your wife (as you would be classed as dependent on EU citizen) meaning she has to be exercising her treaty rights (working/studying) before you get your extended stay.

4) How long does it take for me to get an Irish passport once I get married to my Irish Citizen?
Spouse of Irish citizen can apply after three years of marriage.

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP11000014

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:34 pm

you will not be getting stamp 1, you will get stamp 3 as a dependant of non EU national. You will not be allowed to work.
you will not be entitled to stamp 4.

aviatorface
Newly Registered

Post by aviatorface » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:21 pm

agniukas wrote:
you will not be getting stamp 1, you will get stamp 3 as a dependant of non EU national. You will not be allowed to work.
you will not be entitled to stamp 4.
Thanks for you reply.

What if an employer ready to offer me a Job, can I still be not allowed to work on Stamp 3? The reason i asked is i am in IT consulting and have fair jobs available in the market.

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:25 pm

in that case you should look into Green card for ireland or a work permit, if the employer is willing to apply for one.
On stamp 3 you are not allowed to work, unless u get a green card or work permit.

Mike80
Newly Registered

Irish Visa/Permit

Post by Mike80 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:04 pm

Hi,

Your worry about working around in EU countries:
If you get Stamp 1 or Stamp 4, here in Ireland, you are fully eligible to work only in Ireland. This does not help you to go to any EU country to work. However, if your employer is in Ireland and you get paid in Ireland, then for that employer, you can travel anywhere in the world but have your payroll set up in Ireland and pay your taxes as an Irish resident.

Hope this help you!

See you sometime in Ireland.