ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success - Premium at Croydon

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

knigh7

ILR Success - Premium at Croydon

Post by knigh7 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:11 pm

Hi,

I have had an HSMP visa initially not cover by JR, then had an extension under Tier 1.

I have applied for ILR and this is what they took

1-Passports
2-Payslips for past year
3-Bank statements for past year
4-Employer Letter
5-Form
6-Two Pictures
7-My biometric card

The guy was nice, he even tried to see if I was cover by the HSMP JR. That was it, it took about 2.5 hours and I got the ILR. I was worried because I was unemployed for about a year but that was not a problem. He did not ask for P60 or anything else.

Here is how it went,
1-I went to the home office, i went through security

2-someone checked my documents and validated it, he then gave me a ticket and asked me to go upstairs to make the payment and then take a seat

3-I went and made the payment

4-I took a seat till my number was called

5-The guy was nice and professional, I gave him my payment receipt and my ticket

6-He asked for my passports and the form, I gave him the passports, the form and my biometric card.

7-He looked at my passports and saw my HSMP stamp, he then asked me when I got my hsmp letter to see if i was covered by JR. He said that it would be much easier if I was. I said that i was not covered unfortunately.

8-He asked for salary evidence, I then gave him my payslips and I also gave him bank statements for the past year, what i did with the statements is to put small posted notes to indicate payments from my employer, I did not write or highlight anything on the statement . I also gave him my employer letter which contained my info, salary and my start date and the fact that I was employed on full time permanent.

9-He asked me if I had photocopies of the documents I provided, I said no. He said thats fine

10-He asked me to take a seat and that it would take 40 minutes.

11-I took a seat and in one hour he called my number and said that everything is ok. He returned my old passports, bank statements and payslips. My payslips were open, it looked like he photocopied them also i put small posted notes on the pages of my bank statements to indicate payments coming in. Those tags were removed, I am assuming that it was removed because he photocopied them. I asked about my bimetric card he said that I do not need it anymore. He then said that I should take a seat and in 20 minutes I will get my passport with the ILR visa.

12-half an hour later I got my passport with the ILR visa, I was asked to check it for mistakes before I leave

Thanks,
Last edited by knigh7 on Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

skilachi

Post by skilachi » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:26 pm

Hi...congrats.

Do you have your own Ltd Co. or was working as permanent employee during your employment?

knigh7

Post by knigh7 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:38 pm

I have been employed on a permanent basis for a company for the past year

hass

Post by hass » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:31 pm

Congrt Knigh7,

As you mentioned your were not employed for a year, what supporting evidance you took to show your activity during that year?

And what is the difference under JR that he wanted to check, is it the section 9 which is exempt?

Aug07

Post by Aug07 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:35 pm

what is this biometric card nd is it required(compulsory) for set(o)?

hsmpengineer
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by hsmpengineer » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:52 pm

please when did you get your inital HSMP and when did you apply for extension under tier 1?

fahadz1
BANNED

Re: ILR Success - Premium at Croydon

Post by fahadz1 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:39 am

knigh7 wrote:Hi,

I have had an HSMP visa initially not cover by JR, then had an extension under Tier 1.

I have applied for ILR and this is what they took

1-Passports
2-Payslips for past year
3-Bank statements for past year
4-Employer Letter
5-Form
6-Two Pictures
7-My biometric card

The guy was nice, he even tried to see if I was cover by the HSMP JR. That was it, it took about 2.5 hours and I got the ILR. I was worried because I was unemployed for about a year but that was not a problem. He did not ask for P60 or anything else.

Thanks,

can you please tell me how to get biometric card ???

i heard in this forum if you apply in person they will take same day and if you apply in post they will send you letter and we have to take in post office etc ???

then how you got it >>

i can see some case workers ask for p60's and some not ?? why is that ??

did u give the file to case worker or what ever he ask you were giving him ?

knigh7

Post by knigh7 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:41 am

Hi,

Please check my original post, i have updated what happened exactly step by step

As I was on Tier 1, all the evidence he needed was that I score the points thus he did not need any more evidence, he specifically asked for my salary evidence for the past year, so i gave him 12 months payslips and 12 months statements.

I got my first hsmp in 2007, I was not under JR and I renewed to tier 1 in December 2008.

I had to renew my tier 1 a few months ago just to make sure that I can get the extension because I was concerned that if I apply for ILR i might get refused because I was unemployed for a year.

I got my biometric card when I made my teir 1 extension application.

hsmpengineer
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by hsmpengineer » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:38 pm

ah right now i understand you. I got my HSMP in 2007 and extended in 2009 and so i dont have a biometric card. i had wondered how you managed to get one but now i know you extended your Tier 1 afor second time, that explains it. thanks

fahadz1
BANNED

Post by fahadz1 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:24 pm

hsmpengineer wrote:ah right now i understand you. I got my HSMP in 2007 and extended in 2009 and so i dont have a biometric card. i had wondered how you managed to get one but now i know you extended your Tier 1 afor second time, that explains it. thanks
ya same as me ....