ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can someone with UK Spouse Visa leave UK for 3 months?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Taucher
Newly Registered

Can someone with UK Spouse Visa leave UK for 3 months?

Post by Taucher » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:10 pm

My wife has a spouse visa. She has had it since August last year. She is working in Enlgand and I am a temporary worker as I was made redundant from my last job.

While my career is on hold, we were thinking of going to Colombia for 3 months so i can do an intensive Spanish course etc.

Will it affect her Spouse Visa if she leaves the UK for that long? I cant find the answer anywhere.

Thanks in advance.

T

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:21 pm

Absences from UK during probationary period

There is no specific requirement in the Rules that the entire probationary period must be spent in the United Kingdom. For example, where an applicant has spent a limited period outside of the United Kingdom in connection with his employment, this should not count against him. However, if he has spent the majority of the period overseas, there may be reason to doubt that all the requirements of the Rules have been met. Each case must be judged on its merits, taking into account reasons for travel, length of absences and whether the applicant and sponsor travelled and lived together during the time spent outside the United Kingdom. These factors will need to be considered against the requirements of the Rules.

daisyboo
Newly Registered

Post by daisyboo » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:43 pm

Your wife can spend up to 3 months as long as it does not exceed 6 months.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:04 am

Taucher, please disregard Daisyboo's incorrect 'generalisation'. Batleykhan has given you good advice....each case is judged on its merits. There is no '6 month rule'.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:33 pm

I thought Daisyboo is a qualified and registered immigration advisor :roll:

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:38 pm

A 'Barrister' :?