ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa documents ?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

krssubbu

Spouse visa documents ?

Post by krssubbu » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:05 pm

Hi,

Just to give a quick background, i am on ILR in the UK snce Jan 2012. My wife was on tier 1 dependant from Jan 2010 - July 2011 and then seh left to my country for maternity. Now we have a baby girl born outside the UK.

I would like to get my wife and baby to the UK. so the documents i have prepared to send her are :

Application:
* Application - vaf 4a (one for my wife and one for my baby)
* copy of my passport

Wedding Proof:
* Marriage certificate
* Copy of invitation to wedding
* Photos

Letter of Support:
* Personal statement (from my wife)
* Letter of support (from me)

English Language
* Letter from my wfe's institution to say she had completed bachlors and was affiliated to a University that is equivalent to British degree (UK NARIC)

Maintainence funds
* Employer reference letter from my company
* 6 months bank statemetns
* Employment contract
* 6 months payslips

Accomodation
* Tenancy agreement and no objection letter from house mates (shared house)
* letter from landlord saying he has no objection in my wife staying wtih me

Other
* Copy of my National Insurance number
* My wife's passport - has my name on the observation page)
* previous tier 1 dependant visa documents - visa also on the passport

Please let me know if i need to attach any more documents as i need to send teh above.

Thanks

harv
United Kingdom

Post by harv » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:10 am

add some evidence of communication i.e. phone call records, emails, skype etc. to show that the relationship is real and not just on the papers.
Feb 2012 - Spouse Visa - New Delhi
Mar 2012 - Documents collected - VISA Granted
March 2014 - ILR Granted
Apr 2015 - Applied for Naturalisation
Nov 2015 - Naturalised

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:39 am

to be honest we never exchanged any emails (bit old school)...i only used to call her through phone cards which wont have the number recorded. but wilkl it be a big problem as she has already been in the uk on my tier 1 dependnat and she has a UK NI number?

harv
United Kingdom

Post by harv » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:05 pm

being here in the UK and getting a Settlement VISA are two different things.

I would recommend that you at least get an itemised bill of the phone you used your calling cards from and show the calling card number from the bill. With that you can add the calling cards to show that you have used those.

Although calling cards cannot show full evidence of call records, but that is all what you have and you should provide as much of this as possible. Also mention in a cover letter that it makes more sense to use these cards as these are cheaper.

I would also suggest to add any evidence of any gifts/cards/letters sent from either of you to each other. Its a big plus as well. You could even send something now and add it into the evidence, regarding anyone's birthday or even just a small letter etc.
March 2014 - ILR Granted
Nov 2015 - Naturalised

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:47 pm

thanks for this harv.

apart from this is the list fine ? any more documents to be added ?

what about certifying passport pages ? does it need on all pages (i have two passport but my ilr is on new one)

then can i get it attested from indian high commission in London? as solictors charge about 50 pounds per page

harv
United Kingdom

Post by harv » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:55 pm

Hi krssubbu

Since its not a British passport, I would recommend to get all the pages attested. I believe a solicitor would charge you between £5 to £10 per page to certify the copies.

Another thing to add would be the measurements of the house, to show that the house will not be overcrowded when your child and your wife joins you in the UK. You can get a house inspection report done to get this sorted which usually states the capacity of the house and that it will not be overcrowded if your partner joins you.
March 2014 - ILR Granted
Nov 2015 - Naturalised

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:48 pm

thanks for this.

have you applied for settletment visa for your wife ? have you got the result? how long do they take to process the visa ?

also my wife has her bachlors which is equivalnet to the NARIC? (it comes up fine on the points calculcator on home office website) i am getting a letter from her uni to say she has completed her course. will this do ?

harv
United Kingdom

Post by harv » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:00 pm

Hi

I have applied on Feb the 8th and have not got the results back yet. I am not sure how long it can take, it just depends on the UKBA processing.

My wife did IELTS and got 5.5 overall.

If your partner's degree is equivalent to UK degree then you should provide some evidence from the NARIC website and a letter from the UNI confirming the course was taught in English medium as well. If you have time to apply, it would not hurt to get a certificate from NARIC to be on the safe side.
March 2014 - ILR Granted
Nov 2015 - Naturalised

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:35 pm

thanks harv, do you know if we can get this for a solicitory or notary public (Alternatively can we get this attested with inidan high commission in London)

also can i know where you got attested if the fee is cheap with him then i would go with him

Thanks

harv
United Kingdom

Post by harv » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:44 pm

Hi krssubbu

Of Course it can be attested by solicitors in the UK however I think the UKBA would like to see the originals when it comes to English requirements i.e. certificates/score cards etc.

I would submit the original documents if I were you for the English language requirements.
March 2014 - ILR Granted
Nov 2015 - Naturalised

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:11 pm

sorry meant for passport copies not for ielts. also how much is the fee for settlement visa for dependants

harv
United Kingdom

Post by harv » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:24 pm

Hi

Yes passport copies can be and should be attested by solicitor's. I got them done by solicitor's in Hounslow Town Centre (http://www.ashtonpage.com) in Middlesex Greater London. However any practising lawyer should be able to certify your passport copies, its cheap i.e. around £10 a copy.
March 2014 - ILR Granted
Nov 2015 - Naturalised

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:58 pm

and can i ask yo how much is the fee for the visa

harv
United Kingdom

Post by harv » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:19 pm

I paid Rs 64800 for the Settlement VISA in India for my partner and a couple of hundred Rs extra for processing charges and SMS service.
March 2014 - ILR Granted
Nov 2015 - Naturalised

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:25 pm

thanks will get back to you if i have any more doubts. but other than the things specified is there anything missing in my list that needs adding ?

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:22 pm

harv 1. what documents do i need to show for my baby?
2. also if i get letter from y wife uni for english lang is that enough ? (her univeristy is listed n the points based calc)

harv
United Kingdom

Post by harv » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:06 pm

Hi krssubbu

1) I do not know an answer for this, hopefully other members of the board can help in this.

2) If the course and University is listed in the Points based calculator, then I would suggest:

Enclose the PDF (report) from the NARIC website
Get a letter form the Uni stating that the course was taught in English medium

Hopefully, that should be enough to prove that the degree qualification your partner holds meets the requirements for english language. Otherwise if you would like to be 100% sure you can apply for a certificate from NARIC.
March 2014 - ILR Granted
Nov 2015 - Naturalised

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:42 pm

harv,

hi,

does anyone have a sample letter to get from the university ? to prove bachlors was equivalent to UK NARIC

Thanks

happy321
Newly Registered

spouse settlement visa - accommodation evidence

Post by happy321 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:51 pm

I am new to this forum. I am ILR holder in UK and recently applied spouse visa with NOC letter from landlord, utility bills and my uk driving licence as accommodation evidence in the absence of the Tenancy agreement. Can some one please let me know that these documents would satisfy the accommodation evidence? what are the chances ?

your help is much appreciated

Thanks

som1984

Post by som1984 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:06 am

have you got an accomodation report from the coucil or a local estate agent to prove there would be no overcrowdng?