ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How long do you have to wait for EEA FP?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

newbieholland
United Kingdom

How long do you have to wait for EEA FP?

Post by newbieholland » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:43 pm

Simple question and I need a simple answer. How long UK embassy can take for the decision on an EEA FP? Is it 15 days or 15 working days? What can you do if it is past 15 working days apart from contacting SOLVIT?

Thanks
"The time to repair the roof is when the sun is shining."

shoko
Newly Registered

Post by shoko » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:08 am

It took only 7 working days for me to get mine, but each case is individual.
it is supposed to be a priority to issue you with the FP according to the EU law.
15 working days* check the boarder agency website for your country of application

mhamdsamy

Post by mhamdsamy » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:14 am

my application was in visa section last sunday and today
i am checkn dhl site to know where is my documents
that's was so fast , and make me worry , 2 days
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

newbieholland
United Kingdom

Post by newbieholland » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:04 pm

Lucky you! I am waiting for a while now. Definately longer than you two. :(

corum
Newly Registered

Post by corum » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:32 pm

Hi There, as far as I know it's 15 working days. They get sent to Poland to be processed. I think that each embassy will have a page of visa application times, like the one in the Czech Republic does:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/count ... ableAnchor

If it's urgent you can request a priority service, and justify why it's urgent. I tried that and the lady at the counter said, no there is no urgent priority or anything like that. I showed her the exact phrase that I had taken from the government's own document, and then she said, oh yes actually you are right fro EEA FP you can request that. I got the criteria for priority here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27885818/UK/UKB ... Marked.pdf

I also gave them an entire truck load of documents proving my case, well organised too. And finally I asked for our travel documents back as quickly as possible, as I read that they can sometime approve and complete an application immediately if the passport etc is required back urgently.
See my thread here, I will update once I get it. Good luck with your application.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=95773

newbieholland
United Kingdom

Post by newbieholland » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:51 pm

corum wrote:Hi There, as far as I know it's 15 working days. They get sent to Poland to be processed. I think that each embassy will have a page of visa application times, like the one in the Czech Republic does:

If it's urgent you can request a priority service, and justify why it's urgent. I tried that and the lady at the counter said, no there is no urgent priority or anything like that. I showed her the exact phrase that I had taken from the government's own document, and then she said, oh yes actually you are right fro EEA FP you can request that. I got the criteria for priority here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27885818/UK/UKB ... Marked.pdf

I also gave them an entire truck load of documents proving my case, well organised too. And finally I asked for our travel documents back as quickly as possible, as I read that they can sometime approve and complete an application immediately if the passport etc is required back urgently.
See my thread here, I will update once I get it. Good luck with your application.

The link you have shared from the UKBA site says 10 days and not 10 working days. I am not sure where do people find 15 working days as that would not mean accelerated.

Unfortunately the country I have applied from 100% of cases are dealt with within upto 40 working days. We are not moving to UK for a job offer so I can not ask them to prioritise this. I was wondering if they happen to keep it for more than 15 days what can I do? This is very very frustrating :(

Keep us posted with your progress.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:47 pm

corum wrote:Hi There, as far as I know it's 15 working days. They get sent to Poland to be processed. I think that each embassy will have a page of visa application times, like the one in the Czech Republic does:

The second link you posted is case worker guidelines for in-country (Residence Card) applications. It is not for EEA family permit. There isn't a definition how long it should take but it should be treated as a priority application from start (you don't need to ask for it) although some consulates might be slower than others.

mhamdsamy

Post by mhamdsamy » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:17 pm

newbieholland wrote:Lucky you! I am waiting for a while now. Definately longer than you two. :(
i checked and here you go -this only from egypt section processing time-
Other Non Settlement Visas 2 days 3 days 5 days 10 days 15 days 40 days 60 days 90 days 120 days Total decisions made
EEA Family Permits 40% 40% 40% 60% 80% 100% 100% 100% 100% 5
viva egypt
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/custo ... ing-times/
Last edited by mhamdsamy on Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mhamdsamy

Post by mhamdsamy » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:18 pm

newbieholland wrote:Lucky you! I am waiting for a while now. Definately longer than you two. :(
go there and say i want my fp
i am s e x y and i know it
they give to you in 2 days also
i should get my dhl envelop tommorw , :roll:

newbieholland
United Kingdom

Post by newbieholland » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:41 pm

mhamdsamy wrote:
I would not comment on this as you will seriously get offended. So just piss off. I am already annoyed with the wait and dont need your stupid comments.

Jambo- is there any limit they can keep the application for? From 15 days to 40 days seems to be a real long time for 3% of the applications which haven`t been decided.

mhamdsamy

Post by mhamdsamy » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:54 pm

newbieholland wrote:
mhamdsamy wrote:
I would not comment on this as you will seriously get offended. So just piss off. I am already annoyed with the wait and dont need your stupid comments.

Jambo- is there any limit they can keep the application for? From 15 days to 40 days seems to be a real long time for 3% of the applications which haven`t been decided.
ok i was joking sorry :)
ok look i think if there's problem or they need more documents or something like that they cas ask for it , that's how it work here
where you from , if there's world bridge office like in my country you can ask them but i think it should take 5 to 20 days that's what they told me when i gave them my application in world bridge

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:24 pm

newbieholland wrote:Jambo- is there any limit they can keep the application for? From 15 days to 40 days seems to be a real long time for 3% of the applications which haven`t been decided.
Don't look at the figures too much. stats can be misleading. if all the 3% took 16 days, they will still be in the (up to) 40 days column.

The instruction for the ECO on UKBA website say:
EUN2.3 How quickly do I need to issue an EEA family permit? wrote: Priority must be given to applications for EEA family permits. Wherever possible a decision should be made at the time it is lodged or after an interview is conducted.

However, the Regulations do not say that EEA family permits must be issued on the day that the application is made. The Directive does allow Member States to take reasonable measures to ensure that freedom of movement is not obtained by deception
I suggest you contact the consulate directly and ask for an update and explanation for the delay as this should be treated with priority. Not point contacting SOLVIT.

newbieholland
United Kingdom

Post by newbieholland » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:53 pm

Jambo wrote:
newbieholland wrote:Jambo- is there any limit they can keep the application for? From 15 days to 40 days seems to be a real long time for 3% of the applications which haven`t been decided.
Don't look at the figures too much. stats can be misleading. if all the 3% took 16 days, they will still be in the (up to) 40 days column.

EUN2.3 How quickly do I need to issue an EEA family permit? wrote: Priority must be given to applications for EEA family permits. Wherever possible a decision should be made at the time it is lodged or after an interview is conducted.

However, the Regulations do not say that EEA family permits must be issued on the day that the application is made. The Directive does allow Member States to take reasonable measures to ensure that freedom of movement is not obtained by deception
I suggest you contact the consulate directly and ask for an update and explanation for the delay as this should be treated with priority. Not point contacting SOLVIT.
I wonder where do they get these brackets from? A gap of 25 days makes no sense.

Thanks for the link Jambo, I will get in touch with the consulate with the relavant law quoted.

There is absolutely no point contacting SOLVIT. I have no doubts about it.

Guerro
Member of Standing

Post by Guerro » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:56 pm

I remember I applied in Nov 2008 and got it Feb 2009, Cairo, Egypt

newbieholland
United Kingdom

Post by newbieholland » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:02 pm

Guerro wrote:I remember I applied in Nov 2008 and got it Feb 2009, Cairo, Egypt
Y? Did you make any complaints?

mhamdsamy

Post by mhamdsamy » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:51 am

i applied last sunday and got it today also cairo egypt
3aml eh xD

eldane
Mood:
Denmark

Post by eldane » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:24 am

Jambo wrote: Don't look at the figures too much. stats can be misleading. if all the 3% took 16 days, they will still be in the (up to) 40 days column.

I do think one should look at the numbers in the table of the processing time. However, in a different way than just concentrating on EEA FP.
The work instructions say: Priority must be given to applications for EEA family permits.

So what is priority? I would like to think that any EEA FP should be resolved faster than any other entry clearance.

So if the numbers from any given embassy are like these:

Visits Visas days 3 days 5 days 10 days 15 days 40 days 60 days 90 days 120 days Total decisions made
General Visit (6 months or less) 35% 50% 80% 99% 99% 100% 100% 100% 120
EEA Family Permits 15% 38% 69% 92% 100% 100% 100% 100% 13

Where 35 percent of General visas are resolved contra 15 percent of EEA FP in the first 3 days or 50 percent contra 38 percent in 5 days.

Something, in my opinion, is not quite right as there should clearly be a better processing speed rate for EEA FP than in this case a Visitor visa.
The simple fact is, that at no point in the above numbers are EEA FP applications resolved faster than a General visa.
Good intentions are appreciated but results are what matters..

eldane
Mood:
Denmark

Post by eldane » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:32 am

newbieholland wrote:

The link you have shared from the UKBA site says 10 days and not 10 working days. I am not sure where do people find 15 working days as that would not mean accelerated.

Unfortunately the country I have applied from 100% of cases are dealt with within upto 40 working days. We are not moving to UK for a job offer so I can not ask them to prioritise this. I was wondering if they happen to keep it for more than 15 days what can I do? This is very very frustrating :(

Keep us posted with your progress.

The web site actually states quite clearly:

Service standards

We have service standards for processing UK visa applications. Our standards say that we will process:

90 per cent of non-settlement applications within 3 weeks, 98 per cent within 6 weeks and 100 per cent within 12 weeks of the application date;
and 95 per cent of settlement applications within 12 weeks of the application date and 100 per cent within 24 weeks of the application date.

Please note that we define 1 week as 5 working days.
Good intentions are appreciated but results are what matters..

newbieholland
United Kingdom

Post by newbieholland » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:52 pm

eldane wrote:The work instructions say: Priority must be given to applications for EEA family permits.

So what is priority? I would like to think that any EEA FP should be resolved faster than any other entry clearance.
Basically it translates as You are at our mercy!

Guerro
Member of Standing

Post by Guerro » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:00 pm

newbieholland wrote:
No, I didn't. I basically applied for a spouse visa and paid the fees for settlement visa, as I didn't know about the family permit, and then received a family permit and I asked for a refund which I got it.

Guerro
Member of Standing

Post by Guerro » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:01 pm

mhamdsamy wrote:
3aml eh xD
Lucky man, bel tawfee2 ya m3allem :D

newbieholland
United Kingdom

Post by newbieholland » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:04 am

Guerro wrote:
newbieholland wrote:
No, I didn't. I basically applied for a spouse visa and paid the fees for settlement visa, as I didn't know about the family permit, and then received a family permit and I asked for a refund which I got it.
Good on you. The explaination certainly helps rather than just stating you waited for 3 months. :)

mr khan

how

Post by mr khan » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:50 pm

Guerro wrote:
mhamdsamy wrote:
3aml eh xD
Lucky man, bel tawfee2 ya m3allem :D
bro how did you manage that one

newbieholland