ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

AN form Section 1

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gazz5
Newly Registered

AN form Section 1

Post by gazz5 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:35 pm

Hi there
There is a question in section 1

1.3 Please say when you were given indefinite leave to enter/remain in the UK

I'm EEA national A8 group and I registered under WRS scheme
I'm not sure what date I should add?

date of entry uk
date of start employment
date of WRS registration

Thanks for help

New immigration regulations came into force on 30 April 2006. If you are a national of a
country which is a member state of the EEA or Switzerland, or the family member of such a
person, you will automatically have permanent residence status after exercising EEA free
movement rights in the UK for any continuous period of 5 years ending on or after 30 April
2006, and therefore will not have to apply for indefinite leave to remain

friendinneed

Post by friendinneed » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:43 am

You need to enter the date that you became free from immigration control. If you are an EEA citizen that would be when you have been in the UK exercising treaty rights for 5 years.

When we did the application we werent doing it at the earliest opportunity and so just entered the date from the HO PR residency card which was technically a few months after when PR was actually earned but it saved people asking questions as why the PR stamp said one date and the application form said an earlier date.

petkanov

Post by petkanov » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:38 pm

Friendinneed, did you just submit your pr card when you applied, or you also included proof of exercising treaty rights for 5 years? Is it ok to apply one year after pr card without including everything for the last 5 years?

friendinneed

Post by friendinneed » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:52 pm

We applied as spouse of BC who happened to become free from immigration due to PR rather than ILR. What we did was therefore probably different to others as well as the non-BC was former family member of EEA national with retained rights.

Section 1 we put in the date PR was awarded/recognised. Section 2.4 we ignored as neither an EEA National nor family member of any more. Our application was passed without question.

My understanding from others is if you already have PR you only need to give details and documents of the delta - ie covering the period from when you applied for recognition of PR to when you apply for BC