ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Multiple issues - advice needed

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

PSW WORRIES

Multiple issues - advice needed

Post by PSW WORRIES » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:01 am

August 2010: My tier 4 visa was expiring, so I applied for a further leave to remain to pursue a masters degree in Scotland.

October 2010, I was refused, because I did not put school fees in bank account for 28 days. I later appealed.

January 2011, this appeal was refused. I later re-appealed.

May 2011, the appeal was allowed this time, based on human rights ground and I was given a discretionary leave to remain for only one month. All this while, I went ahead with my masters’ degree programme and by the time the appeal was allowed, I was in the middle of my dissertation.

I was not able to finish my dissertation within this period, so I went back to my country to re-apply to come back. I was given a fresh leave to remain for 2 months ending mid feb.

When I came back to the UK, I thought there was an error, because my school advised the visa ought to be extended till may and not feb, so I got the school to contact the home office, the home office replied the school that the visa extension from my country was treated as a fresh application and not a continuing one ( confusing).

Submitted dissertation Feb 1, results were expected to come out on Feb 24th and I couldn’t apply for PSW till the 23rd of March (that is when I would have had money for 90 days).

Since I had not finished my ACCA, I decided to extend my leave to remain through my former college (before masters) to complete the last 2 ACCA papers. I met all the requirements, passed the English PTE Test (scored 85/90), paid all fees and booked a face to face appointment.
At the interview, I was told by the case worker that I did not have an established presence, despite the fact that I had been studying in the UK for 5 years (ACCA 3.5 and Masters 1.5). I also just recently finished a masters degree, so I argued that I had established presence. The case officer later pointed out another problem I had with maintenance, which was the fact that I had 800 pounds for 56 days (2 months) instead of 1,600 for 28 days.

The case worker said, he cannot make a decision instantly and that my case needed careful reconsideration and they promised getting back to me very soon, despite the fact that this was a premium service.

I am still waiting to hear from the home office, I am confused and I don’t know what to do, I was wondering if I can make an out of time application, either for the tier4 for or the PSW next month?
Various inputs welcome